The Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating the day to day human resources operations at the company. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for overseeing employee relations, talent management, succession planning, H&S, employee certifications and disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the HR Operations at Elite
- Oversee employee relations, including wage increases, promotions, classification changes, and disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies.
- Determine staffing requirements and oversee the recruitment process.
- Develop and evaluate performance goals, HR metrics, & targets for achievement.
- Administer progressive disciplinary action within established procedures.
- Plan, implement and evaluate human resources programs.
- Develop training programs based on regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Timely submission of government reports – WSIB, Public Health requests etc.
- Conduct workplace investigations and resolve any conflicts that arise.
- Oversee H&S function across Elite
- Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns, work refusals, and investigations.
- Participate in site and workplace inspections.
- Develop employee training based on business needs.
- Provide leadership and coaching to managers and employees on key workplace matters such as performance management, difficult conversations, employee relations, and employee development.
- Monitor assigned payroll activities and program components for the purpose of ensuring effective department functioning, coordinating activities, and compliance with established financial, legal, and administrative requirements.
- Degree or diploma in human resources management, or a related field required.
- CHRL required
- Minimum of (5) years of work experience in a human resources generalist position.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR core processes such as talent management, succession planning, and employee relations.
- Able to make business decisions and recommendations to management.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of labour laws.