TITLE:HR Coordinator (Contract Position)
LOCATION: Alliston, ON
REPORTS TO: Director HR
START DATE: October 12, 2021
- Working with the Director HR, the position is responsible to provide HR support to the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Supports the HJV Apprenticeship Program, working with managers, apprentices, schools and other stakeholders. Meets quarterly with all apprentices, and ensures documented plans and progress. Promotes the program externally and internally. Benchmarks best practices.
- Coordinates the co-op program as well working with students, schools and managers.
- Coordinates the full cycle recruitment process for required positions including apprenticeships (posting/advertising, pre-screening, interviews, employment agreements, new employee orientation, background and reference checks, onboarding activities, internal referral program)
- Supports social media activities – promoting HJV as an employer of choice, building networks and talent pools. Develops communication content and materials.
- Coordinates and attends career fairs, student tours and events, virtual and in person where applicable
Performs other HR related activities, including:
- Assists with HJV Health & Safety program
- Conducts training surveys and reports.
- Addresses/supports day to day employee or management HR related requests
- Facilitates and tracks job grants. Looks for opportunities to utilize available grants and programs.
- Assists with HR quarterly reporting
- Supports the Succession and Career Planning processes – maintaining up to date employee information, tracking moves and development plans.
- Supports benefits administration – adds/deletions/compensation updates, source of questions on benefits program and perks
- Works with Director HR on communication initiatives (newsletter – email and SharePoint), benefits information etc.
- Exemplifies and promotes HJVs core values: Respect for Others, a Spirit to Serve and Continuous Improvement.
- Understands HJV’s vision and how the HR Coordinator can assist in achieving it.
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements.
- Maintains professional appearance and neat work area.
- Ensures adherence to HR policies and applicable legislation.
- Ensures adherence to Health & Safety policies and applicable legislation.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Graduate of HR program (diploma, certification) a strong asset
- Agricultural exposure is a strong asset, the ability to develop strong networks within the community, schools etc.
- Interpersonal skills – builds trust and credibility, does what they say they’ll do, is sincere, an excellent listener, and role model of HJV values – an enabler of employee engagement
- Understanding of HR related legislation
- Strong computer skills, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- A passion for Human Resources
- Ability to enable and support employees and managers alike, while maintaining the best solutions for the overall company
- Natural leadership tendencies
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strategic thinker sees the big picture and how tactical activities fit
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.
- Detail oriented and excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent data, with a high level of professionalism and integrity
This position is a 12-month contract with the possibility of being extended to 18 months.
Please email email@example.com to apply, with a copy of your resume.