At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as an HR Manager in one of our North America Fulfillment Centers. This role will have business partner responsibility for client group(s) within a field launch site in Ottawa, ON ,CA and will report to the Regional HR Manager.
The HR Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our initiatives around flexible fulfillment centers. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
• A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
• Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
• Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement; Demonstrated experience driving processes improvements and specific skills in Kaizen methodologies preferred
• Strong project management skills; ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results
• Success in creating and driving effective employee relations, retention and reward programs
• The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
• A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
• Strong internal and external customer service focus
• The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
**Amazon Operations and Distribution is a 24/7 environment and shifts may change due to business needs. Full shift flexibility including overtime, holidays and weekends is needed for this role.
· Bachelor's Degree Required
· 7+ years human resource business partner experience
· Experience supporting hourly employee client groups with employee populations of 2,000+
· Experience in call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environments
· Advanced graduate degree (MBA or Masters in HRM preferred)
· Resume that shows steady progression in HR Management for the last 7-10+ years.
· Demonstrated success in stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles
· Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring direct reports and leading large HR teams with talented HR professionals
· 5-10+ years of experience in Fortune 500 companies that adhere to a high hiring standard that equals Amazon and mentors their brightest employees to accept greater challenges.
· Prior experience supporting large hourly employee client groups (distribution, manufacturing, or call center environments)
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.