Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Salary Range: $48,000-$60,000
Location: Our head office is located in Ottawa, Ontario, however we welcome remote work outside Ottawa or a blend of onsite/work from home if the candidate is from the Ottawa area. Note that all staff are currently working from home and no travel is permitted. We are continually reassessing during the pandemic.
Deadline to apply: October 20, 2021
How to apply: Visit https://hecesc.bamboohr.com/jobs/
The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing human resources support, general advice, and direction to staff on human resources policies and programs, to satisfy the current and future needs of its employees and meet legislative compliance. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, recruitment, benefits and retirement plan administration, training and development, employee performance and development planning, employee records management, legislative requirements, orientation and onboarding, ergonomics, and human resources policy research. The HR Coordinator is sensitive to the human resources needs of HEC and works hard to ensure that human resources services are in place to meet those needs.
Your core responsibilities would include:
- Coordinates the internal and external recruitment efforts. This includes coordinating the recruitment strategy, liaising with employment agencies where applicable, writing job postings, developing interview questionnaires and applicable job testing, reviewing and screening candidate resumes, scheduling interviews, participating on interview panels, administering pre-employment tests, and, conducting reference checks.
- Prepares employment agreements, provides successful candidates with offers and notifies unsuccessful candidates.
- Coordinates the comprehensive onboarding process and conducts new employee orientation with all new staff.
- Liaises with HEC’s benefits provider and ensures all documentation and adjustments to employee benefits are in place. Processes the enrolment, termination, and changes for employee in the group benefits and retirement plans. Assists staff with benefits claim issues.
- Coordinates the collection of annual employee performance and development plans. Assists with the administration of the corporate training plan including advertising training opportunities, coordinating registration, and maintaining key performance indicators.
- Maintains the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and employee files by entering and updating personal profile information into the HRIS. Oversees the attendance management system and ensures leave is being captured accurately. Maintains all human resources files and documentation systems, both in electronic and hard copy. Assists with the preparation of the quarterly and annual human resources reports. Maintains the organizational chart.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or equivalent post-secondary education in a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years human resources experience, preferably in a healthcare or not-for-profit (NFP) organization.
- Advanced computer software skills in Microsoft office suite and virtual environment.
And even better if…
- You are working towards your Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
- You are bilingual in French and English
- You have advanced proficiency in HRIS software (i.e., BambooHR).
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Highly developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to plan, involving the ability to collaborate with other teams and across the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills. Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Professional tact and diplomacy and high level of confidentiality required.
- Ability to work well in a small, dynamic, and highly motivated team.
- Highly self-motivated with desire to contribute to the success of a healthcare improvement organization.
Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.