HR Coordinator – Part Time 18 month Contract
Stephen Thomas Ltd (ST) is a full-service marketing and fundraising agency dedicated to helping our clients raise more money. Right now, we are looking for a part time (3 days a week) contract HR Coordinator.
We welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous Peoples of North America, racialized persons, person with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+
Working at ST you will receive above market benefits and a starting salary of $45,000 – $50,000.
You will have a post-secondary education in Human Resource Management and will be progressing towards your CHRP designation. The Human Resource Coordinator is accountable for providing HR administrative and recruiting support to the organization to support human resource policies, programs and practices that contribute to the achievement of the company objectives and our mission.
By working efficiently and productively, you will contribute to a positive team environment.
- Recruitment: Provide full-cycle recruitment support: source candidates, screen resumes, conduct pre-screen interviews, coordinate, and attend all interviews, conduct reference checks, and administer the job offer process.
- Employee wellness: Provide employee support to keep employee morale high
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion: Work with DEI committee to implement new initiatives
- Orientation: Coordinate the staff orientation program.
- Learning and professional development administration: Coordinate the internal and external learning and development curriculum. Review and track staff annual learning and development plans.
- Employee Relations and Compliance: Monitor changing legislation and develop and help implement progressive human resource policies and processes to ensure compliance with legislation. Provide staff with accurate and timely information relating to HR programs and policies.
- Performance Management and Coaching: Coordinate and monitor the performance management process. Collaborate and work with managers in developing performance improvement plans.
Education & Experience:
- 1 to 3 years HR administrative experience
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management program
- Knowledge of legislation as it pertains to HR policies
- CHRP in progress (or completed)
- HRPA membership is a plus
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector is a plus
- Self-motivated and self-reliant
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and thrive under pressure
- High standard of confidentiality
- Client-service orientation
- Detail and goal oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to succeed in a highly interdependent team environment
- Excellent MSOffice, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint skills
- Keen interest in the volunteer sector