Blue Ant Media is a privately held content producer, distributor and TV channel operator. We own and operate numerous production companies in North America and Asia-Pacific under the Blue Ant Studios banner, creating content for broadcasters and streaming platforms in multiple genres including factual entertainment, natural history, documentary, adult animation and drama. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a substantial catalogue of content, including one of the world's largest 4K natural history offerings. Blue Ant Media operates channels under nine brands including Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and more. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with seven international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Washington DC, and Beijing. Blueantmedia.com
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Director, Talent Management & Organizational Development
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and innovative thinker to provide strategic input into existing and new global talent management and organizational development initiatives with a highly engaged group of leaders and employees. A collaborative and creative contributor focused on making an impact in a growing global company will thrive in this environment.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead the talent review process including assessments, discussions with leaders and development conversations
- Provide the tools and support for critical role identification, high performers, and accelerated development plans for successors of critical roles
- Accountable for driving global talent retention strategies - support recruitment team and business leaders to provide guidance in the areas of talent management to address critical roles for the business, suggest innovative ideas for talent attraction and ensure knowledge retention
- Oversee leadership development programs and recommendations on development opportunities for individuals and groups across the company
- Provide resources for team effectiveness and growth opportunities
- Evaluate current recognition program for potential changes and/or expansion of program
- Provide input into the global employee engagement process and work with leadership groups to track and report on the progress of action planning from our employee “All Ears” surveys
- Review the performance management process and implement any recommended and approved changes
- Work with the senior management team to ensure the vision and values of the organization are continually embedded into communication and program design and delivery
- Develop and work in a hands on capacity with H.R. team to deliver all required business training and rollouts to support the talent management programs.
- Maintain talent management policies, standards, guidelines
- Contribute to other H.R. initiatives and transactional work as required as a member of the global H.R. team
Qualifications & Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree (Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Development or equivalent)
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) preferred
- Ability to work at a strategic level
- HR Generalist experience, ideally in a global company
- 5+ years supporting complex talent management strategies and programs
- 5+ years project or program design and management experience, ideally with global experience or significant complexity
- Advanced skills in data analysis and interpretation
- Continuous improvement and learning mindset
- Strong planning and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, influence and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical abilities with a strong focus on driving for results.
- Strong business focus with a priority on value-driven HR support
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Works as a collaborative project team member
- Experience in the media industry considered an asset
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.