Human Resources Manager
Wallenstein Feed & Supply Ltd. (WFS) is hiring a Human Resources Manager.
WFS is a third generation, family owned and operated Canadian company that prides itself on being a leader in the Ontario livestock and poultry feed industries. Our facilities have state of the art, modern equipment, and our processes are controlled with customized software. We have a large fleet of delivery trucks with dedicated drivers who provide service to our customers across the province. WFS is the largest feed manufacturer in Ontario and our site in Wallenstein manufactures more feed than any single location in Canada. WFS has created a culture based on employee engagement, innovation, outstanding service, humility, and leadership.
We believe that superior customer service is paramount, and we are dedicated to cultivating long term relationships with our customers. Our employees are the key to our success.
WFS is seeking an experienced, engaged HR professional with seven plus years of practical hands-on experience in an HR Generalist/HR Manager role and experience leading their own team.
You will be bringing your skillset to a team that embraces collaboration, motivates and inspires one another to do the best job possible, and recognizes that great ideas “percolate up” in an employee-centered workplace. You will be providing guidance and support to all levels of the organization.
You will be eager to “roll up your sleeves” and provide support wherever needed. We are looking for someone who brings knowledge and experience in all HR disciplines (employee relations, recruitment & retention, talent development, benefits, compensation, health & safety, diversity and inclusion etc.).
- Recruiting & Retention: Enhance the organization through strong recruiting, testing, and interviewing programs; coaching on candidate selection; analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Supervision: Will lead and coach the Health & Safety Coordinator and HR Assistant.
- Onboarding Team Members: Oversee orientation and training programs.
- Compensation: Conducting periodic pay surveys; conducting job evaluations; recommending, planning, advising and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Benefits: Maintain employee benefits program; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; designing education on benefits provided.
- Organization Development & Culture: Working with management to ensure jobs are designed well and appropriate training is provided. Ensure employees act in a manner that supports the company culture. Provide managers support with coaching and discipline as required.
- Communication: Overseeing internal communication and keeping employees updated on important WFS news.
- Paying It Forward: Administer WFS’s charitable donation program that makes donations based on employee suggestions.
- Design and conduct HR training sessions as needed.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will:
- Minimum 7+ years of experience as a HR Generalist /HR Manager with experience leading a multi-person team.
- University degree and CHRL designation in good standing required.
- Operational understanding of best in class practices covering recruitment & retention, employee relations, talent development, compensation, benefits, health & safety, diversity & inclusion, organizational design.
- Demonstrate a well-developed business acumen and understand how to implement/manage organizational change.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative partnerships with the ability to coach others to achieve their best results.
- Possess advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with the ability to consider the larger context, identify root causes and connect to strategic solutions.
- Use strong time-management and organizational skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with courtesy, diplomacy, both verbally and in writing, during facilitations and presentations and while negotiating and resolving conflicts.
- Prioritize multiple assignments, projects and requests for assistance from team members.
- Apply knowledge of all applicable federal regulations and employment laws.
- Take initiative to conduct research and make recommendations to management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and effective knowledge of computer and internet-based applications for preparation of spreadsheets, reports and presentations.
You are eligible to participate in a company paid group benefits plan, our pension plan in which your contribution of 2% of salary is matched by a 5% contribution from WFS and receive an annual bonus.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27, 2021.
Job Types: Full-time