Advisor, Compensation (People & Culture) - OTT02434
Job Family: Human Resources
Primary Location: Ottawa
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Due to the pandemic this position is temporarily a full-time teleworking position.
This position is ideally based in Ottawa/Montreal, however we will also consider candidates based in Toronto.
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Canadians know CBC/Radio-Canada for its programming and its presence, but there’s much more happening behind the scenes. Whether your field of expertise is finance, HR, communications or IT, you are the highly-skilled professional that makes our business run smoothly.
The objective of CBC/Radio-Canada’s total compensation package is to offer a balanced and competitive program that is fair, equitable and that will motivate performance and attract and retain individuals with the right skills and abilities to deliver the National Broadcaster’s strategic mandate.
Reporting to the Director, Compensation, you will be responsible for supporting and advising HR Business Partners, Industrial Relations and managers at all levels of the Corporation on compensation matters. You will also be actively involved in the CBC/Radio-Canada’s Federal Pay Equity Plan, oversee market benchmarking and job evaluations, lead compensation initiatives and programs for the Corporation and contribute to the establishment of plans and procedures used to carry out compensation policies and practices.
Main tasks include:
- Providing support and daily expert guidance to HR Business Partners, Industrial Relations, Shared Services and managers at all levels of the Corporation on compensation policies and practices.
- Managing the Corporation’s Federal Pay Equity Plan by working with the different stakeholders such as the Pay Equity Committee to ensure the successful delivery of this plan and developing material, communication and documentation related to Pay Equity Plan.
- Working closely with finance and different business departments on forecasting analysis and budgeting.
- Participating in the configuration, the implementation and the delivery of Workday as needed.
- Conducting regular and specialized research into internal and external compensation practices.
- Performing in-depth analyses of data and reports from various sources, and recommending data-based decision making approaches.
- Reviewing job evaluation related activities to ensure that the integrity of job evaluation principles, practices and procedures are maintained.
- Supporting the annual salary planning cycle and the short-term incentive plan.
- Maintaining and continuously improving compensation related rules, policies, communications and processes to remain compliant with collective agreements and to help evolve the overall employee experience related to compensation.
- Maintaining and continuing to develop knowledge on new market trends and implement best practices into our processes when applicable.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree, preferably in a field related to human resources management.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of progressive HR experience with particular emphasis on compensation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation planning, market benchmarking surveys, job evaluation plans and processes, pay equity, sales compensation, executive compensation, incentive plans, etc.
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience working with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Google suite is an asset
- Knowledge of public and private sector compensation trends, and unionized environments is a definite asset.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound problem solving skills and the ability to ask the right questions, to support the resolution of complex or unique problems.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment and work independently.
- Ability to recommend suitable options and solutions, keeping in mind relevant policies, practices and possible precedent-setting decision, balancing client needs with the overall direction of the Corporation.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to advise, negotiate, be diplomatic and persuasive.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, and sometimes urgent demands from HR Business Partners, client departments or management.
- Bilingualism (French and English), both written and verbal, is mandatory.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours on occasion, when required.
- Able and willing to travel within Canada on occasion, when required.
- CHRL or CCP designation is an asset.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/61858ec67b32aa8efa1f96e2/51fc022258b70066fae4a049/en