The Recruiter/Human Resources Generalist is responsible for sourcing, interviewing, and advertising openings with the organization. The Recruiter/HR Generalist aligns activities to meet company goals and strategic vision, while selecting the most qualified candidate for the opening, and by providing Human Resources support in the areas of responsibility including but not limited to: Full cycle recruitment, retention and recognition, employee relations, health and safety, policies and procedures, training and employee development, payroll, compensation and benefits, and performance management.
Rush opens the door to the world of opportunity. We are part of the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships in North America representing truck and trailer manufacturers. We offer a rewarding career as a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services.
- Provide full cycle recruitment support: sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing and presenting a high-quality pool of candidates to hiring managers, complete background checks, check references, confirm education/certifications, write and post job ads, internal and external.
- Qualify or reject candidates based on interview feedback and resume review.
- Conduct interviews via phone, video calling, or in-person.
- Serve as a contact person for questions from internal and external candidates.
- Provide compelling information to candidates, ultimately attracting them to Rush.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to learn location/department unique needs. Present qualified candidates that align with location/department goals.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and other Human Resource staff during the offer process.
- Provide advice and guidance/assistance to management and employees on matters related to Human Resources policies and procedures to ensure fairness, consistency, and compliance with all required legislation.
- Support the department in communicating and implementing HR programs and initiatives.
- Assist in the design and implementation of ongoing HR projects including Mentoring Program.
- Communicate with Company payroll and benefits administrators to provide responses to employees regarding policies and procedures, benefits and payroll inquiries.
- Work closely with management and HR Manager to identify, counsel and coach through performance management and behavioural issues, providing corrective action and progressive discipline as appropriate.
- Promote a positive and health work environment.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Able to communicate with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Some travel will be required.
- University degree/College diploma and/or equivalent experience in Human Resources Management.
- CHRP designation or in pursuit of designation.
- Minimum five (5) years recent relevant experience as a Human Resources Generalist, demonstrated experience in recruiting, knowledge of employment and health and safety legislation, and WSIB and HR best practices.
- Proficiency with computers and software: Microsoft office.
- Proven interpersonal skills with ability to build strong relationships across multiple levels.
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communications skills.
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills.