Human Resources Generalist
Vice President Finance
Lépine is a family-run business which has built well over 10 million square feet of residential construction. The company is well established as a premier builder and landlord in Eastern Ontario, and specializes in building premium, resort-style, multi-family apartment communities. Principals of uncompromising quality and investment in the future of real estate have been their guiding compass while charting a new course for the home building industry. With over 60 years of construction history and more than 40 multi-residential properties, Lépine has led the way in creating a new standard of living, unique in today’s rental markets in Canada.
Lépine believes that when you build quality you build a solid investment. When living space is designed to reflect and connect with the beauty of the creation surrounding it, occupants are inspired to live a healthy and active lifestyle. Being active in nature and in the community fosters safe and respectful neighbourhoods. These communities provide the structure of socially strong and prosperous cities which are in turn the foundation of this great country.
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist position is a key position within the Lépine organization. The HR Generalist will act as a change-agent using both a consultative and hands-on approach, and broad generalist knowledge, who works closely with management and staff to provide guidance and support that fosters a culture of growth and innovation, client-focus, professionalism, learning, and personal development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Recruitment/workforce management and onboarding
- Policy implementation
- Employee/labour relations
- Organizational change
- Compensation administration
- Employment compliance
Education and Experience
- A completed or in progress certification in Human Resources (CHRP) plus 5 years’ progressive experience in Human Resources;
- College or university level degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of educational and working experience
- CHRL is a strong asset
- Experience in supporting construction, property management, engineering or architectural work environments is an asset
Professional Knowledge and Competence
- Strong and extensive knowledge of up-to-date human resources practices, trends, and legislation
- Strong HR Generalist background with core competencies in the areas of recruitment and workforce planning, employee/labour relations, and organizational change
- Experience advising senior management in a strategic capacity
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization
- Demonstrated change management experience within an organization
- Experience in recruitment, including creation of systems and tools
- Knowledge in the areas of benefits and compensation
This recruitment is being led by TAP Strategy & HR Consulting. All inquiries and applications for the role are to be addressed with TAP Strategy directly.
If you feel this role is right for you and you meet the qualifications, please visit the Careers Page of the TAP Strategy & HR Consulting website to learn more about this opportunity and view the full position responsibilities and qualifications. Please send us your cv and a cover letter by clicking on the “Apply Now” button or applying through our website. Your submission should quote the reference number TS-2021-05.
While we would like to respond to all applicants, only those who are to be considered further will be contacted.
TAP Strategy & HR Consulting respects employment equity and values diversity and inclusion. If you require accessibility accommodation during this process – please let us know and we will work with you to make sure your needs are met.