Position: Chief People Officer
Company: P3 Veterinary Partners, Inc.
Location: Oakville, Ontario (Remote work permitted)
Job Type: Full-time Employment
Position Overview: P3 Veterinary Partners is seeking a seasoned people leader to join our innovative and growing team in the capacity of Chief People Officer (CPO). The successful candidate will serve as a thought leader and change partner on our executive team. This role is accountable to lead the people strategies, programs and processes that drive results and growth for the organization in alignment with P3’s mission, vision and values. The CPO will be a true business partner on a broad range of organizational issues of critical importance to the business. The CPO will be a relationship builder and important thought partner throughout the organization.
P3 is a 100% Canadian-owned veterinary practice group. Our mission is to empower veterinary teams to live their passion and focus on unparalleled care for pets and the people who love them. Through our dynamic group of over 45 animal hospitals, P3 strives to be the best place to work in veterinary health care.
With significant influence over the processes and practices that make our hospitals welcoming, energizing, and rewarding places to work, the successful candidate will:
- Provide overall HR Leadership - Accountable to drive People Strategies including HR operations, talent acquisition and retention strategies, talent development initiatives and optimization, rewards programs and employee engagement in ways that support the growth of the business
- Play a key role in supporting leaders with employee engagement and championing P3’s commitment to being a Great Place to Work
- Drive an employee value proposition to build healthy organizational culture through our framework of Pets, People and Practice
- Build on the existing strong relationships with key stakeholders in & outside the organization. This includes anticipating business needs and providing practical and pragmatic human resources solutions aligned with the business objectives and growth plans
- Fostering teamwork, collaboration and managing peer-to-peer and intra-group coaching
- In an industry that is experiencing growth and a shortage of talent, lead talent planning and acquisition across the organization, collaborating with our internal recruitment professionals to identify, attract, onboard, and retain high-quality talent
- Promote and coordinate best practices that recognize and reward our people through developing industry leading compensation, benefits and recognition programs and ensuring that high performers are recognized and empowered to grow within our group of hospitals
- Lead talent strategies and programs including diversity & inclusion, learning and development, career planning, performance coaching, succession planning and organization development
- Liase with P3’s Medical Advisory Board, university professors, college instructors, industry program providers and individual instructors to develop and coordinate courses
- Support individual team members in their growth through professional development and evaluate continuing education goals
- Coach and advise the executive management team to build organizational capabilities, reduce complexity, and maximize performance
- Ensure clients, team members, and all other key stakeholders experience engaging, motivating, and empowering interactions
- Drive performance-based leadership and Q4 leadership within the entire P3 organization
- Assist in the delivery of a wonderful client experience – collaborating on standards and measuring compliance
What you bring:
- In-depth understanding of HR and proven experience leading and innovating practices to create and develop an HR service that ensures an optimal workforce in support of its strategic priorities and objectives
- Experience leading and supporting significant growth
- A vision to foster an inclusive, employee-centric culture.
- Extensive experience in developing strategic and multi-year business plans, resource forecasts, and in managing operational budgets
- Experience coaching and advising executives
- Proven ability to build and nurture relationships at all levels
- Ability to negotiate, influence and communicate in a clear and effective manner
- Proven experience implementing sustainable solutions and creating impact
- An approach that is progressive, strategic, humble, and achievement oriented
- A love for animals!
We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary & Bonus Program
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of extended Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick Days
- Continuing Education
- Paid Professional Dues
- Annual Wellness Allowance
- Discount on veterinary services for your own pets
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.