The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support and coordinates all HR programs and processes for but not limited to recruiting, hiring, onboarding, coordination of and training and employee relations, while maintaining confidentiality. This position will report to and support the Manager of HR collaboratively to implement assigned programs and prepare payroll processing.
The HR Assistant must be self-motivated, innovative and experienced to support our busy HR team with the ability to think outside the box and collaborate with the HR team.
RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
Administration and Coordination of Human Resources
HRIS System implementation and integration
- Implementation: set up the following- work schedules, employee profiles, system codes for pay, deductions, benefit and remittance codes, maintaining files for the Human Resources Information System team, applications,
Talent Management/Organizational Development
- Assist with the administration for recruiting and hiring process, submitting approved job postings online, screening applicants resumes, scheduling candidate interviews
- Assist with development of onboarding programs
- Coordinate logistics for new hire onboarding, employee training sessions and offboarding.
- Coordinate annual performance review program
- Assist with the process to continual development of job summaries and descriptions
- Assist with annual compensation review for administrative research and scheduling of timelines
- Assist with development and collection of responses for total rewards surveys: benefits, salary benchmarking,
- Group benefit plan administration
- Develop processes for human resources areas of practice.
- On/off board administrative process.
- Confirm schedule entries, payroll changes, time banks etc for processing for payroll processor
- Coordinate the administrative/reception schedule for coverage
- Assist with all human resources and health and safety program development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Competencies and experience
- Graduate of post-secondary program in Human Resources Management, and experience in several areas human resources of 1-3 years or related experience in human resources department
- Effective interpersonal skills, high degree of discretion and confidentiality with attention to detail
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally
- Effective communication and employee service skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking and to balance complex situations
- Effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Experience with Sage 50 and/or ADP Workforce Now is a definite asset or related pay/HRIS system and experience in preliminary payroll processing .