Reporting to the Senior HR Manager, Supply Chain & Operations (SC&O), this role supports a diverse group of Manufacturing, Warehouse and Operations teams in their day-to-day human resources needs connecting employees to the right information, supporting the successful application of policies, procedures and programs, and providing support to a wide range of human capital challenges in a dynamic workplace.
- Provides leadership in recruiting, screening, and interviewing of plant employees.
- Facilitates onboarding and first day orientation for all Supply Chain & Operations new hires.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for HRIS and timesheet data and processes. Provides training, support and general troubleshooting for various levels of users.
- Partners with employees, supervisors, and internal teams to ensure all HRIS transactions are timely, accurate and compliant with policies and required documentation.
- Prepares bi-weekly Canadian payroll files and sends to Payroll Center of Excellence for processing.
- Partners with the HRIS and Payroll Centers of Excellence to identify opportunities for improvement and to resolve problems reported by front-line managers and employees.
- Trains SC&O people leaders on HRIS functionality (ie. timesheets).
- Owner of our online learning portal, and collaborates with Health & Safety and Quality colleagues to ensure effective administration of online training programs and maintenance of training records.
- Interfaces with all employees across all shifts (24 x 7 operation) to maintain a healthy atmosphere and positive culture within the company.
- Partners with the Sr. Manager, Human Resources to effectively manage our Disability Claims Management program.
- Represents Human Resources as a member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Leads the recruitment of Co-op and Summer Students and administers summer student grant submission.
- Administers and communicates benefits and pension programs and assists employees in claim resolution.
- Provides first line support for employee relations issues, working with the employee, manager and escalating to the Sr. Manager, Human Resources when required.
- Administers company programs including education assistance, scholarship awards, birthday cards, etc.
- Coordinates and effectively administers wage progression program.
- Creates standard and ad-hoc reports and letters (ie Headcount, employment confirmation letters, travel letters).
- Plans and coordinates company and wellness events including Take Your Kids to Work Day, BBQ, Retiree Luncheon, etc.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Ensures employee files are maintained accurately to ensure compliance according to company and regulator policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of HR legislative requirements and ensures compliance
- Continuously looks for opportunities to improve HR processes and effectiveness.
- Participates in human resources initiatives, audits and special projects that support the ongoing priorities and long-term strategies of the organization.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-4 years of Human Resources experience.
- Completion of post-secondary degree in Business or Human Resources.
- A positive, self-motivated team player, who enjoys building collaborative partnerships.
- An excellent communicator - verbal. written, presentation and listening skills .
- Strong planning, attention to detail and organizational skills with a strength in prioritization.
- Previous experience with HRIS/HR systems. Experience with Ceridian Dayforce is an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office tools, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to work varied hours to be provide front line support.
- Knowledge of Disability Management (occupational & non-occupational) and asset.
- Experience with e-learning systems is an asset.
What We Offer (*):
Health and Group Benefits (100% of premiums paid by Griffith foods)
Education reimbursement program
Life event recognition and on the job recognition
Generous defined contribution retirement plan
Career development and growth opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Griffith Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability, please let us know at the time of your scheduled interview.