OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization that puts people, both our members and our employees, first. We are committed to providing a positive work environment and to developing careers. We’re looking for someone to join our team as a: Bilingual Human Resources Specialist.
Offices in Ottawa, Montreal, Waterloo – Remote and Hybrid Work arrangements available
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources Services, your responsibilities will include:
- Acts as a first point of contact for human resources and provides services, support and counsel to employees and managers.
- Support and execute on various HR processes including payroll, HRIS management, total rewards; including compensation, benefit and pension administration, leaves of absences, employee changes, resignations and retirements.
- Facilitation of short-term and long-term disability leave administration processes by helping employees complete the necessary forms, following-up with the carrier on claims adjudication, and communicating with employees on disability and facilitating return to work process.
- Supports full cycle recruitment which includes meeting with managers to discuss available positions, coordinating interviews and job postings, developing interview questions, interviewing and assessing candidates, performing reference and background checks, and preparing offer letters and employment packages.
- Works with the Senior Human Resources Business Partner to resolve manager and employee concerns. This involves examining complaints and providing guidance and direction to both managers and employees.
- Work collaboratively within a team to share ideas, ownership, and accountability for driving improvements and consistency of execution for key Human Resources processes.
- Understand and participate in updating our employment policies and practices.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, and you meet the following requirements, you might be the person we’re looking for. We need someone who has:
- University degree or college diploma in Human Resources Management, Industrial Psychology, or a related subject.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)/Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) or Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR/CRHA) is an asset.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in both French and English.
- You’re highly organized, self-motivated, customer service oriented and able to work independently as well as within a collaborative team environment, and with internal business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You’re highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, Taleo and HRIS (Dayforce HCM is an asset).
- Experience working with relevant legislation, including the Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms (Québec) or the Act Respecting Labour Standards (Québec) and Act Respecting Occupational Health and Safety (Québec).
Condition of Employment
- Final applicants will be required to successfully pass a background check.
OTIP is more than just a place to work. In addition to competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits, OTIP offers a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! Our employees have the opportunity to provide feedback on departmental goals, to participate on committees, to work collaboratively, and to continuously improve their professional skills. We take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more! To recruit the best, we offer the best. For more information on OTIP and its Group of Companies (TW, CURO), our company culture, and perks we offer, visit the ‘Life at OTIP’ page on our website.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
OTIP and its Group of Companies strive to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Upon individual request, OTIP and its Group of Companies will endeavour to remove any barrier to the recruitment and selection processes and provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
OTIP and its Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.