DesignAgency is one of the most distinguished design studios in Canada and our services are widely sought after, with clients in more than 26 cities and 9 countries worldwide. Our global success is based on our high level of design excellence and our ability to create special environments through narratives developed with the client. Working for leading companies, developers and hospitality groups, our clients work directly with one or more of our partners, reflecting our belief that great design requires leadership, focus and commitment.
Reporting to the HR Manager and working closely with the operations and senior leadership team. The HR Coordinator role is based out of our Toronto studio, with some work-from-home flexibility, while providing remote support to employees in L.A., D.C., Barcelona, and the UK. Acting as the first point of contact, the HR Coordinator provides staff with prompt and courteous responses to their questions related to HR procedures, policies, and programs. Key responsibilities also include supporting full cycle recruitment, onboarding related activities, supporting health & safety initiatives, managing the HRIS and employee time off requests, group benefit enrollments, and general administrative and coordination support for the HR department.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist staff with their questions related to HR policies, programs, and procedures
- Support full cycle recruitment for teams worldwide, including creating job requisitions, resume screening, coordinating interviews and testing, reference checks, and preparing offers
- Manage the new hire onboarding process and conduct orientations to ensure seamless onboarding experiences for new team members
- Assist IT and HR Manager with administrative tasks related to offboarding employees
- Research and apply for government grants
- Draft employment confirmation letters for staff
- Manage employee time off request process with adherence to company policy
- Provide H&S support as a JHSC member, ensure material H&S training certifications compliance, and assist with COVID-19 policies and the Return-To-Work plan
- Administer employee group benefit enrollments and answers employee benefit questions
- Support HRIS (ADP) maintenance through accurate entry of electronic employee files, manage access permissions, perform data audits, and assist with testing process changes.
- Provide administrative support and coordination of employee performance reviews
- Provide general administration and coordination for the HR department
- Support and lead some HR projects and initiatives
- Occasionally develop HR communications as needed
- Contribute, with a continuous improvement mindset, to the implementation of a best-in-class talent function
- Continue to promote the firm’s positive workplace culture of feedback, open communication, and firm values.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of three years of relevant HR experience in a fast-paced environment is required
- Previous experience in advertising, media, entertainment, or other creative industries and/or within a professional services firm an asset
- Post-secondary degree and/or diploma, with a focus in HR or related field
- CHRP designation, completed or in progress is an asset
- Advanced skills in MS Outlook, Word, and intermediate skills in Excel
- HRIS experience; ADP preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail orientated
- Able to proactively problem solve, exercise good judgment, and make decisions
- Proven ability to take initiative, manage competing initiatives, and meet deadlines without compromising quality of work
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information
- Able to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team
- Dynamic personality that can drive outcomes and build relationship in a collaborative environment
If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please apply immediately, or if you know the perfect person for this position then feel free to forward this job posting. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.