HR Business Partner
- Support and facilitate the development and implementation of a clear strategy to deliver business results and improvement
- Partner with various stakeholders including plant leader, leadership team, employees, union and divisional team to ensure consistency to Owens Corning policies, programs and standards are in place and adhered to including primary and salaried, performance management, rewards and recognition programs
- Leading talent acquisition processes by working with our staffing partners internally and externally for all salaried, primary and contract employees
- Partner with Controller and site leadership to drive productivity and cost out initiatives
- Develop and lead labour relations strategy for all labour relations matters
- Effective leadership coaching to ensure constructive, consistent leadership compliant to the collective agreement
- Effectively lead contract administration, grievance resolution processes.
- Facilitate contract negotiations and arbitrations in partnership with labour relations counsel
Leading and Developing Talent
- Performs recruitment activities for hourly and salaried roles
- Lead, coach and teach leaders to create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation systems
- Oversee and drive the training and development (T&D) function and ensure alignment with functional leadership (e.g., finance, safety, operations) on training, performance management and talent development
- Performs as the TPM Training and Development Pillar Leader at the site responsible for the execution of TPM progress through: Skills Matrices, loss analysis, and Training Center improvements.
- Perform gap analysis and training needs analysis as needed and enables operator certification and credentials for job tasks in the area
- Own and drive Guelph site employee engagement and communication strategy & execution
- Lead bi-annual Value of Employment/Operations Excellence survey, data collection, communication, development and implementation of resulting action plans
- Responsible for employee engagement and recognition management and events
- Responsible for community fundraising events and outreach
- Manage HRIS and payroll systems (Kronos), ensuring accurate and timely transactions
- Support pension and benefit administration
- Short Term Disability and WSIB case management
- Ensures maintenance of employee and human resources documentation consistent with Owens Corning’s record retention programs
- Ensure data management consistent with Owens Corning programs and standards
- Leveraging HR analytics to drive improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Psychology/Sociology, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- CHRP designation
- Minimum 5 years HR generalist or similar experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a Union environment and labour negotiation preferred.
- Experience in driving positive employee relations within a previous site
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Kronos, SAP necessary
- Experience with TPM and driving T&D
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Engages and cares for others, starting with safety
- Understands the applicable labour Laws and regulations
- Possesses a current professional knowledge of best practice human resources processes and tools including in the areas of performance management, compensation, recruiting, and talent development and succession management, for the ownership and implementation by leaders.
- Strong ability to coach, train and hold team members accountable to standard and performance manage deviations as required.
- Desire to continuously learn, develop and expand responsibilities and impact on the organization.