A global company with a local presence. Actlabs is a Canadian owned company founded in 1987, headquartered in Ancaster and operates 15 locations in 6 countries. We are recognized throughout the world as a leader in analytical testing and development services. Our analytical laboratories provide high quality analysis impacting every aspect of our life including: Mining and Mineral Exploration, Agriculture, Cannabis, Environmental, Forensics, Life Sciences, Material Testing, Occupational Health and Petroleum Industries. We’re investing for the future, implementing innovative strategies to allow us to continually strengthen and lead in the industries that we serve.
Actlabs is looking for a Human Resources Manager who will manage and coordinate all administrative activities related to human resources. They will lead and execute staff recruitment, retention, policy development, and new hire onboarding for the organization and contribute to a positive workplace culture. This role will model Actlabs’ values and culture and support organizational compliance with internal policies and various government regulations.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management or a degree in a related discipline with a post graduate diploma in Human Resources. Additional certifications or education in performance management, conflict resolution and a professional HR designation is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of human resource management and creating a thriving workplace culture.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism with respect to confidentiality and sensitive information.
- Communicates effectively with team members and colleagues, including conflict management and employee relations.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills with an ability to facilitate discussion and co-operation to inform decision-making.
- Ability to work autonomously, collaboratively, and multi-task many priorities in an organized and efficient manner
- Ability to model Actlabs’ values and nurture and drive a collaborative and thriving workplace culture.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve and work under pressure
- Demonstrates initiative, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Well-versed in government regulations, including the Employment Standards Act.
- Strong written and verbal skills and timely reporting
- Excellent Computer Skills including Microsoft Office
This position will be responsible for the effective administration of all human resources functions including performance management, recruiting, employee development, retention, employee relations, wellness, and HR initiatives and projects at Actlabs in Canada. The following main responsibilities may include some or all of the following or any other tasks assigned directly or indirectly by Management.
- Human Resources Leadership: Lead the development and execution of human resource programs and initiatives that support people and culture, recruitment, and retention. Support the development, maintenance, tracking and improvement of organizational policies and procedures. Establish and maintain employee records, policies, procedures and reports. Lead compliance with various regulations including Employment Standards Act and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Recruitment: Complete full-cycle recruitment to proactively attract and retain high performance talent for the organization and to meet role requirements. Responsible for sourcing and posting, pre-screening qualified candidates, administering the interview process, checking references, verifying contract conditions and executing employment contracts. Support the development and maintenance of detailed and consistent job descriptions that reflect the needs of the role. Lead the development and execution of team member orientation and onboarding in alignment with the organizational culture and values.
- Retention: Develop and execute programs to attract, motivate, and retain talent. Provide guidance to support organizational culture and employee retention, including performance management, coaching and mentoring, improvement plans, annual reviews and KPI metrics, succession planning, employee satisfaction, etc. Provide guidance to employees and leadership regarding people issues; counsel for performance problems, and implement necessary actions to address any company shortcomings.
- Team Relations and Communication: Work with the operations team to support company-wide communications and initiatives to maintain organizational culture, transparency and team member engagement. Serve as a resource for employees to provide advice and guidance regarding organizational policies and procedures.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities related to efficiency, communication, government regulations and best practices
- Competitive wages
- Benefits package
- Free on-site parking
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
As health and safety is our priority, we have taken additional steps from the onset of the pandemic to provide a covid-19 free work environment for our team.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive workplace environment for all employees. Actlabs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Actlabs is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please let us know. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.