Reporting to the HR Supervisor, the HR Coordinator, provides administrative and data support to ensure the efficient operations of Raytheon ELCAN’s Human Resources Department.
- Serves as first point of employee contact for all HR matters, such as: payroll, benefit, on-boarding, time and attendance, and other employee inquiries.
- Responds to employee queries in a timely and professional manner while providing excellent service and a positive employee experience.
- Maintains HR systems and provides day-to-day administration and support to various HR initiatives.
- Processes HR transactions in HRIS system (Workday).
- Enters, updates and maintains accurate employee records in HRIS system throughout the employee life cycle.
- Audits HR systems regularly to ensure data integrity. Generates employee-related paperwork (letters, terminations, promotions, verifications, leaves, etc.).
- Develops, maintains and documents standard processes and checklists.
- Manages key HR systems, records management, tracking systems and reporting.
- Assists with weekly hours balancing relating to payroll processing.
- Administers employee on-boarding process and assists in delivery of new hire orientation.
- Provides support to ongoing and new HR projects/initiatives as needed.
- Performs other HR tasks to support the department as needed.
Education and Technical Requirements:
- 1-2 years’ experience as an HR Administrator, HR Assistant or HR Coordinator in a fast-paced work environment.
- Completed college diploma/university degree in Human Resources.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience working in Workday or similar HRIS system would be an asset.
- Some payroll processing experience would be an asset
- Working knowledge of current Ontario employment legislation High attention to detail, with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to interact with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Demonstrated good judgement and discretion to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong record keeping and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be a positive team player.
- Willingness to learn and acquire knowledge and understanding through self-study and research.
- Positive attitude with eagerness to embrace change.
Raytheon ELCAN offers a competitive compensation package that includes incentive program, benefits, and pension plan. We also offer flexible work arrangements with an available hybrid work schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal reference check and obtain/maintain a Government of Canada security clearance and any applicable clearances with respect to the handling and transfer of controlled goods.
Raytheon ELCAN is committed to diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Raytheon ELCAN will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.