Drive for Excellence
Looking to join a fast-paced and an ever expanding organization? Be a part of our dynamic team at Performance Auto Group!
Our Employee Services team is growing and is currently seeking to fill a newly created position of Group Talent & Organizational Development Manager to lead and develop the talent acquisition and organizational development function.
About Performance Auto Group
Our purpose is to be the preferred automotive group by fostering fair and respectful relationships that positively impact our team, customers, partners, and communities. Our core values as an organization are the principals we were built on that guide us today:
- Great Experience: Every customer is entitled to a great experience
- Integrity: We are honest and transparent in our actions
- Diversity: We are stronger through the inclusion of people, brands and ideas
- Innovation: We passionately embrace opportunities for new and continuous improvements
- Empowerment: We encourage and support our people in taking initiative
- Giving Back: We positively impact the communities in which we live, work and raise families
You embody our core values of great experience, integrity, diversity, innovation, empowerment and giving back.
You are results oriented with a proven track record in talent strategy, talent management and training and development.
You have experience implementing creative talent acquisition and management strategies that improve talent attraction, employee experience, engagement and retention.
You have strong leadership and project management skills and have experience developing programs from the ground up.
Here’s what you’ll deliver:
You’ll oversee the development and delivery of programs, systems and tools to support the recruitment, development and management of talent. Your areas of oversight include talent acquisition including sourcing and selection, employer branding, career development, succession planning, training, development, employee recognition, diversity and inclusion.
A key focus will be on developing and implementing key strategies to seek both active and passive candidates in a highly competitive job market. You will also develop and execute strategies and processes to ensure the effective delivery of talent management initiatives and programs to support succession planning and organizational development.
Reporting directly to the Director of Employee Services, you will oversee a team of Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development professionals.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develops and implements a strategic plan and roadmap to continually attract, retain and motivate the workforce
- Oversees the talent acquisition process and champions continuous improvement in talent acquisition and employee retention strategies
- Develops and implements a roadmap of integrating talent acquisition and employee development approaches to create succession pipelines
- Develops and implements a succession planning program and supports career planning for employees.
- Partners with the Head of Employee Services on the deployment of strategic talent/employer branding initiatives and activities
- Plays a key role in the implementation and management of the Applicant Tracking System, Employee Rewards and Recognition Systems, Performance and Learning Management Systems
- Assists in evaluating decisions and results of the department in relation to established goals.
- Identifies and capitalizes on organizational development opportunities across the group, and builds strategies, programs and tools to address those opportunities.
- Leads the learning and development function and seeks opportunities to deliver on the training needs of the organization.
- Leads employee recognition initiatives and programs.
- Leads diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs.
- Demonstrates utmost professionalism, discretion and confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to all applicable federal and provincial regulations and company policies.
- Assumes other duties or special projects as directed by Senior Leadership
What do you need to succeed?
- University Degree in related discipline and post graduate training in Human Resources
- CHRL designation
- CTMP designation or formal training in talent management is considered an asset
- Adult Learning Certification highly desirable
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in the areas of Talent Acquisition, Learning and Organizational Development
- Previous HR experience in Retail and/or Hospitality considered an asset
- Experience with supporting multi-site operations
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and project management
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent management support.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long term disability, Life and optional life insurance plan
- Endless opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Discount on vehicles, service and parts for you and your family
- Discounts to retailers and service providers across the country
- Free and engaging employee events
- Did we mention we love giving back to our communities?!
Performance Auto Group is a leading automotive company in Southern Ontario with over 1600 employees, 22 brands and 34 locations in Brampton, Brantford, Bolton, Grimsby, Mississauga, Oakville, Orangeville, St. Catharines and Toronto. Performance Auto Group also includes AutoPlanet Direct, Ontario's largest indoor used car showroom.
We thank all applicants; however only those contacted for an interview will be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people with special needs. Accommodations will be provided throughout the selection process as requested. For any inquiries please email us.