Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion (€24 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.lindecanada.ca
At Linde, every day is an opportunity: an opportunity to learn, to grow, to share success and to contribute to one of the world’s leading industrial gas and engineering companies. Seize the opportunity: take your next step with us and join our team.
Compensation Specialist (Full Time, Permanent)- Mississauga, ON
We are seeking an experienced Compensation Specialist who will be a part of the Total Rewards team and will support the development, deployment and ongoing management of policies, initiatives, programs, and plans related to Linde Canada’s Regional and Global compensation goals. The Compensation Specialist provides guidance and support to the Canadian HR Leadership Team, HR Business Partners, HR Operational Support (Communication; Payroll & HRIS functions), consultants, and employees on program and policy matters. Reporting to the Assoc. Director – Total Rewards, the Specialist will be an integral Human Resources team member, collaborating to add value and deliver excellent service. The scope of this role is National.
Key Accountabilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Considered a subject matter expert and key contact for all regional compensation plans, programs, and policies
- Evaluation of new jobs, analysis of promotions and reclassifications, recommending compensation elements for positions, including base and incentive pay, salary range, and placement within our salary grade structure (utilizing Korn-Ferry - Hay system aligned with Linde global system).
- Support the planning and execution activities with respect to the annual global compensation programs, including Variable Compensation (VC) bonus, Global Salary Planning (GSP) and long-term incentive plans.
- In partnership with HRIS, lead the regional compensation activities utilizing both the Test and Production environments of the Company’s SAP compensation tools.
- Ensure compliance with the various Provincial Pay Equity legislations and lead all submission and maintenance exercises, ensuring all regulatory filings are completed accurately and timely.
- Coach, guide/train HR team in the interpretation and application of Compensation guidelines/policies Provide support for HR projects, business driven projects and initiatives that encompass all aspects of compensation management and analysis
- Responds to general compensation inquiries from the Employee Helpline/inbox Manage job matching and data submission process for participation in compensation surveys
- Involvement in the development/design/update of regional compensation programs including Sales Incentive Plans, wage progression guidelines, other regional incentives.
- Provide reports on compensation market trends through research and analysis of formal and informal salary surveys, government statistics and other research methods
- May be required to participate in HR audits Regular updating of the official Organizational Charts
- Remain abreast of trends/issues, both internal and external, which could affect the company’s market position, employee satisfaction and retention.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required preferably in Business or Human Resources
- Experience managing and administering compensation and incentive plans/programs/policies (5-7+ years). Working knowledge of UltiPro and SAP HRIS In-depth knowledge of compensation related legislation
- Knowledge of survey methodology and Hay/point factor job evaluation systems
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for numbers and quantitative concepts Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a “customer service” ethic A high level of efficiency and project management skills Advanced-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook/Teams. Bilingual in French/English an asset