You will have multiple clients and manage the relationship as well as all client expectations.
- Set up payroll client files and complete scheduled payroll runs on time and within budget
- Collect and maintain information necessary to administer payroll and benefits compliance
- Protect the privacy of all clients by collecting only information that is necessary; keep all information secure; limit access to authorized team members and clients only
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations in the administration of payroll and benefits; seek guidance from the Canadian Payroll Association as necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations in the administration of payroll and benefits
- Stay abreast of new and emerging payroll legislation and ensure FWB is compliant with all relevant legislation
- Enroll and monitor changes to clients benefit coverage as required; develop positive relationships with benefits providers; ensure the providers are informed of changes and that all records reflect accurate coverage
- Prepare ad hoc payroll reports (Salary Benefit Cost, etc.) Year-end payroll reconciliation and reporting (CRA, WSIB and EHT) Reconcile CRA, WSIB and EHT GL accounts Monitor GL payroll accounts
- Understanding and knowledge of trial balances, general ledger (GL) databases, financial statement close processes and accounting matters Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, discuss with Controller, and develop a solution Communicate with Government Agencies regarding information requests, assessments, and installments (CRA, WSIB and Ministry reviews/audits)
- Work with Cloud Accounting software, including Xero, QBO, Dext, Plooto, and other cloud-based applications
- Provide or arrange training for clients on best practices for applicable software solutions Develop an understanding of FWB’s services, businesses, and industries
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve workflow and processes
- Attend internal and external seminar to further develop Cloud Accounting knowledge
- Understand and abide by the accounting standards that are applicable to your role, as determined by the Controller
- Understand, contribute to, and execute the strategic direction of FWB
- Immediate project – implement processes to support GLOBAL payroll
Employee Benefits Administration
- Administer the policies and procedures of the Benefit programs, including working closely with the employee on set up and other activities
- Ensure accurate record keeping of benefit related items
- Ensure the programs, processes and systems are continuously updated to ensure compliance
- Assist with related audits and legislative filings and reporting
Human Resources Administration
- Foster a positive, supportive, and professional work environment in which everyone is treated with dignity and respect Actively contribute to the team by seeking opportunities to help and support your colleagues wherever possible
- Be a contact for our clients means you must be able to manage relationships and meet expectations. You should know your clients well and understand their unique needs.
- Managing multiple clients means you are highly organized, and don’t need anyone to remind you of what needs to be done for your client work.
- Using checklists and manuals daily to ensure everything gets done in a timely manner and nothing gets dropped.