Superior Propane is Canada’s leading and reliable propane provider. Customers have trusted the experts at Superior to fuel their homes and businesses since 1951. Customer Focus, Performance, Safety, and Winning with People are the four key values that are the foundation of everything that we do.
We are seeking an experience Human Resources Advisor (Business Partner) to join our team in providing a full range of HR support and programs to an assigned client group. The Human Resources Advisor (Business Partner) is a vital part of our company, and seen as a Trusted Advisor to our National client group. Leaders will seek your advice and support to help them with their most difficult challenges, how to motivate and reward their team members. The Incumbent will be a supporter of Superior’s vision, mission and values while executing various HR initiatives.
***This position falls within our Hybrid work model - the candidate will work at our Cambridge Office 1-2 days per week and work remotely from home for the remainder of the week. Infrequent visits to our Toronto Corporate Office may be required.
- Support Managers through the recruitment process by providing guidance and support around interviewing best practices, leading recruitment initiatives, ensuring completion of required pre-employment processes and preparation of offer letters.
- Support business leaders with strategic HR advice in resolving employee and HR-related matters.
- Provides resolution of critical issues with respect to employee relations, and helps ensure employee satisfaction and commitment, while always referencing provincial legislation and Superior Propane policies and guidelines to manage issues.
- Provides guidance and advice to client group regarding workforce planning in order to achieve business objectives
- Strategize with HR Team to develop programs/projects to deliver organizational improvements
- Participate in HR projects as needed.
- Completed Post-secondary education in human resources or a related discipline.
- 5- 7 years of progressive HR experience in a corporate setting
- A demonstrated understanding and application of HR related principles, practices, procedures and employment legislation.
- Strong relationship management capabilities, with the ability to influence and partner with senior leaders.
- Sound judgment and makes decisions to bring issues to resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
- Effective collaborator who builds strong relationships with business leaders and other stakeholders at all corporate levels.
- Results-oriented, with ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to tactfully and diplomatically deal with people and act with discretion when handling confidential information.
- CHRP Designation is considered an asset.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
"Here at Superior Propane we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment & selection process, we encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com to let us know how we can enhance your experience."