- Provide HR support and advice to management and employees to ensure the fair and equitable application of Human Resources policies and procedures, assist with general inquiries
- Foster positive employee relations and effectively manage employee relations issues, coach and counsel both management and employees on conflict resolution, disciplinary action and other employee relations issues.
- Work with Supervisors/Managers to prepare corrective action letters as necessary
- Assist and/or lead employee complaint and investigation process, as needed
- Assist in the implementation and communication/training of all HR policies and procedures
- Liaise with TA Manager in recruitment and selection process (posting jobs internally and externally, setting up job fairs, conducting pre-screening interviews, schedule interviews, and ensure completion of background checks and employment references, prepare and present job offers
- Host new hire employee orientations as required, and ensure all online onboarding, paperwork and training is completed. Ensure applicable excel files are updated as necessary.
- Act as liaison with temporary agency for managing temp to perm candidates and the hiring process
- Prepare weekly reports, such as bakery turnover and recruitment/staffing
- Participate in weekly staffing meetings with managers to understand hiring needs in bakery
- Complete exit interviews and provides feedback to HR Manager
- Assist team in the disability management and return to work programs for non-work related claims. This may include, communication with insurance representatives, physicians, and other applicable parties. Assist in the completion of LTD forms as required.
- Manage the document control process for job descriptions, HR policies and procedures
- Assist HR Team with coordinating annual social events
- Participate in various Human Resources initiatives and projects in support of Company goals
- Support the annual performance management process for all employees
- Provide backup for benefits and payroll administration
- Assist with maintaining a healthy and happy work environment
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their responsibilities specific to food safety, legality and quality
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 5-7 years experience in a Human Resources role, specifically manufacturing environment preferred Demonstrated extensive knowledge of employment laws, HR processes and best practices Strong written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills Demonstrated professional standards regarding customer service, ethics and confidentiality Flexibility with ability to adapt, respond quickly and manage change in a fast paced environment Self started with the demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision Solid analytical competencies, numerical aptitude and attention to detail are critical Hands-on, willing attitude, dedicated and energetic Strong organization and Project Management skills Taking initiative to achieve results Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in Human Resources Management or related field Minimum of 5-7 years HR experience preferably in the manufacturing environment Knowledge of ESA, Human Rights Code, OHSA , WSIB Regulations and other related legislation pertaining to workplace Human Resources
- 5-7 years experience in a Human Resources role, specifically manufacturing environment preferred Preference will be given to candidates who hold their CHRP/CHRL designation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use a computer keyboard and monitor
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Aspire Bakeries Limited is a 24 hour/ 7 day manufacturing operation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in a seated office environment.