Posting # 48474 – [Non-Union]
Manager, Human Resources – 1 position(s)
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
This NEW leadership role in Human Resources will report to the Director, Total Compensation & Benefits and will be instrumental in leading and developing key human resource (HR) services to meet the needs of St. Joseph's workforce.
This role will develop HR policies and practices that will provide an employee-centred environment that is built on efficiency, accuracy and process effectiveness. Playing a key role in the automation of business processes and leveraging technology, this role will contribute to advancing the HR technology roadmap over the next five years.
The incumbent will oversee the daily operations of the compensation and benefits functions within the HR team and provide coaching and mentoring to deliver a quality employee experience with our HR services. This will ensure there is a balance between ensuring legislative compliance and striving for leading edge practices that drive St. Joseph's competitive advantage.
• Baccalaureate Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
• Minimum 5 years direct related experience in a complex, multi-union, public sector environment encompassing a broad range of human resources functions.
• Minimum of 1 years in a leadership of people role
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Superior customer service skills with a focus on multi-tasking and priority setting
• Strong team player and self-motivated toward process improvement
• The ability to organize data and plan for the future
• Demonstrated critical thinking approach with expertise in problem solving and analysis
• Strong attention to detail and an affinity for analysis
• Demonstrated skills in the upgrade or implementation of HR technology
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and understands the importance of automation
• Experience using business process redesign to transform the operations
• Comfortable with change
• Strong presentation skills
• Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
• Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
• Solid understanding of federal and provincial legislation and payroll compliance requirements (ie, Ontario Pension and Benefit Act, Employment Standards Act, etc)
• In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong leadership capabilities including: lead self, engage others; achieve results; develop coalition; system transformation
• One of the following designations, CHRL (Certified Human Resource Leader), or CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional)
• Proficiency in French would be an asset
Teaching and Research
• St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
• Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
• Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
• Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
All applicants must apply to this position through St. Joseph's website, www.sjhc.london.on.ca
To view the posting on the website, click the following link,
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
Posting date: July 15, 2022
Submission deadline: August 11, 2022
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources