Boat Rocker Media is an independent, integrated global entertainment company that creates, produces, and distributes premium scripted, unscripted, live action and animated kids and family content for all platforms, manages top global talent, and develops and monetizes brands and intellectual property. We have a strong creative and business culture that fights for ideas, supports storytellers, and has a track record of ensuring big ideas get distributed to the world.
The Company was founded in 2003 and has 900+ global employees across 7 major cities including: Toronto (Headquarters), New York, Los Angeles, Ottawa, Halifax, London, and Hong Kong. Boat Rocker Media has approximately 40 shows greenlit or in-production and a distribution library of 9,000+ half hours for leading global customers such as Netflix, HBO, BBC, NBC, ABC, Hulu, Amazon, Apple, Disney, Showtime, Discovery, CTV, Global and CBC.
The ideal Candidate for the Human Resources Manager and Program Specialist role needs to be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who understands that in the world of HR ‘no job is too big or too small’. In this role, you must be collaborative, engaging and feel at-home in a fast-paced environment, with a great culture, and amazing people.
Working within the HR Team, this role will provide day-to-day human resources operational support to employees, managers, and executives. In this role the incumbent will be responsible for focusing primarily on providing HR Business Partner support to various production studios and corporate departments but will also make a meaningful contribution to the growth and capabilities of HR practices.
Boat Rocker Media invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise.
Human Resources Business Partner Support
- Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, coach business leaders through employee concerns or other issues throughout the employment lifecycle
- Partner with management on day-to day HR operational demands such as performance management, termination, investigations, conflict resolution, and accommodation requests
- Oversee employment contractual agreements, partner with new hires through onboarding and handle discrepancies that may arise
- Manage orientation steps through to providing onboarding support of new employees including legislated training
- Address and provide solutions to HR related inquiries regarding benefits, policies, and procedures, etc.
- Support and lead the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures as well as guidelines and processes where they don’t exist or need to be formalized, specific to the business entities supported
- Partner with business leaders in acquisitions and dispositions. Lead conversations with impacted employees to ensure a seamless transition.
- Collaborate with other global HRBP’s to find efficiencies in the day-to-day human resources operational transactions
- Partner with the Total Rewards on the annual year end process (including merit increase and bonus payout)
- Project Manage HR programs to improve employee engagement by understanding the project scope and scalability
- Identify opportunities and provide leadership and support on the execution of HR programs
- As a back-up to the Service Coordinator, HRIS administration including maintaining employee data, files and records, including:
- ADP administration (new hire entry, employment changes, terminations, and reporting)
- Adobe Sign administration (change form & employment agreement administration, year end tax forms, & residency forms)
- Benefits enrolment, changes, and terminations in Health Source Plus
- Drafting employment agreements and preparing for weekly orientations
- Monitoring and executing contract extensions
- Administering various HR forms (change forms, leave of absence forms, termination checklists, PIP’s, etc.)
- Post-secondary education with focus on Human Resources or related field preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources preferred
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now, Adobe, HR downloads, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook
- CHRP certification would be an asset but not required
- Proven experience building effective and productive working relationships with business partners/internal clients
- Goal-oriented, detailed-oriented, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and comfortable speaking to employees and candidates by telephone.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to coordinate and prioritize numerous overlapping projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion
Why Boat Rocker?
- Boat Rocker is the home for creative visionaries. You’ll work with a team of passionate, creative and fun individuals who have a passion for stories and storytelling
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive healthcare and dental benefits package, including access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Close proximity to downtown; easily accessible by public transportation and DVP
- Support for your career progression through opportunities for learning and development, including access to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) learning via our DEI partner, The Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion
- Summer hours and additional time off during the winter holidays
- Hybrid work environment
- Opportunities to connect with teammates across the company both virtually and in-person through various team-building events and activities
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.