Torys LLP is a highly respected international business law firm with offices in Toronto, New York, Calgary, Montréal and Halifax.
As a Torys employee, you will enjoy both an exciting, fast-paced work environment and a supportive, collegial and team-based culture. We take pride in our ability to attract and retain individuals who excel in their respective fields. We do this by providing stimulating work and learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our multidisciplinary teams work together to offer seamless cross-border services to our clients all over the world. Dedication to professional excellence and outstanding client service is Torys’ hallmark. Of equal importance is our commitment to maintaining a collegial working environment – one that brings together individuals with diverse backgrounds, personalities and styles in an atmosphere of friendship and team spirit.
At Torys, diversity is a core strength. We thrive on the multifaceted and unique perspectives and talents of our people believing that diverse viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences enrich our professional lives, strengthen the quality of our work and improve our ability to respond to the full spectrum of our clients’ needs. Our commitment to diversity informs our recruitment, retention, development and advancement practices with respect to all of our members.
The Specialist, HR Systems & Reporting is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of HR reporting & system support.
Reporting & Analytics
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine requirements for reporting and analytics, leverage data in HR systems and other HR/Finance systems to develop and deliver standardized and complex reports and dashboards (e.g., salary variance reports, overtime, paid time off, turnover, headcount etc.). Reports generally include analysis and commentary which provide explanation of analysis.
• Leverage vendors to develop new reports/reporting packages and coordinate development through UKG Reporting Optimization Service as required.
• Assist with annual reporting requirements from stakeholders.
• Maintain standard reporting database ensuring reports are current and easily accessible to stakeholders. Develop best practices and documentation for end users. Communicate any changes to reports or documentation as required.
• Review Business Intelligence (BI) enhancements and new features; communicate to stakeholders as appropriate
Process & Systems Support
• Provide day-to-day systems and technology support to stakeholders; maintain knowledge and familiarity with HR systems and databases; troubleshoot system issues.
• Support the annual calendar of system maintenance, daily activities, system testing and communications.
• In collaboration with the Manager, HR Systems & Reporting, work with external vendors to deliver customized solutions.
• Maintain database of process documentation for all routine system processes, customs, and additional functionality.
• Assist with design of process maps of key employee life cycle events.
Data Collection & Maintenance
• Assist in maintaining the accuracy of employee-related data in HR System as the ‘system of record’.
• Maintain data transfers from/to other firm and external systems to ensure ‘one version of the truth’ and identify opportunities to integrate data to and from other systems minimizing duplicate and/or manual entries.
• Assist with any data mapping and data collection that is required for existing data maintenance or new data being tracked in the system.
• Produce and review exception/audit reporting of system to ensure data integrity.
Project Support and Training
• Participate in projects and initiatives (e.g., new modules, customs) for any HR Systems & Reporting related matters. Assist with identifying project-related timelines, issues, scope documentation, conduct testing and data mapping/imports.
• Provide hands-on support, guidance, and training to internal stakeholders.
ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources, or a related field.
• Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in process/systems roles within an HR environment.
• Proficient in MS Office product suite - which includes an intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Experience with an integrated HR/Payroll system; experience with UKG is an asset.
• Experience with report writing logic and analytics (i.e., Business Intelligence).
• Strong client service orientation combined with the ability to manage multiple client needs at the same time.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
• Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
• Strong project coordination skills.
• Ability to think creatively and deliver in pragmatic ways.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Flexible and self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership for quality of work
HOW TO APPLY
Please address your resume and cover letter, stating your salary expectations to Firm Admin Recruiting (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At Torys we are committed to diversity in the recruitment, retention and advancement of our people. We believe that diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enhances the quality of our work and nriches our lives. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Jenny Tavares (email@example.com), Director, HR Services & Employee Relations.
Torys LLP is committed to taking all reasonable measures to provide a safe and healthy workplace for its employees. As a result, the firm has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy. Applicants who receive an offer of employment will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment [and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment]. Torys LLP will consider individual requests for accommodation due to medical or other protected grounds under applicable human rights laws.