About This Opportunity
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) role is an excellent opportunity to work with a great team in all aspects of human resources and labour relations. In this role you will execute activities aligned with the business while ensuring strategies, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and best practices. This is a critical role in leading and fostering productive labour relations and employee engagement. This position is primarily based at our Weston facility (Highway 400 & Finch) and also supports our Greater Northern Ontario and Kingston market units. Travel to these locations may be required. While we offer a hybrid schedule that includes the flexibility to work from home, this is not an exclusive work from home position.
• Lead labour relations priorities within the assigned region including the administration of collective agreements and labour management relationships.
• Provide advice, coaching and counseling support to local management in the area of labour relations: contract interpretation, discipline, attendance management and grievances.
• Lead investigations and fact finding on employee and labour relations issues related to harassment and disciplinary issues.
• Balance the advocacy of employees with the requirements of the business to ensure decisions are fair.
• Implement Human Resources programs for all employees salaried, union and non-union.
• Champion the performance and talent management processes in the Region including participation in talent reviews and succession planning.
• Conduct training for employees and managers as required on labour relations, attendance management, anti-harassment and discrimination.
• Ensure best practices are followed by staying current with labour and employment legislation and HR industry developments and contribute to continuous improvement by influencing HR strategies, policies and procedures.
• Act as a change agent to support critical business initiatives and support leaders in all elements of effective change management.
• University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience with a focus in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years human resources/labour relations is required.
• Experience supporting multi-location operations with multiple collective agreements.
• Proven ability to work closely with leaders to support the resolution of employee issues in a fast-paced manufacturing and distribution environment.
• Customer focused with proven relationship building strengths and solid experience developing workforce plans based on business goals.
• Comfort and ability to thrive in a high change and fasted-paced environment.
• Proven collaboration skills with the ability to gain consensus through personal influence.
• Demonstrated ability to promote an inclusive work environment and support workforce diversity.
• Comfort with HR data, analytics, and HRIS systems is an asset.
• Capable of communicating and supporting employees at all levels of the organization.