The Compensation Specialist is mainly responsible for the execution and administration of our compensation, sales incentive plans & awards, reporting on results, and investigating inquiries. The successful candidate will leverage analytical skills, customer service, and business acumen in the delivery of compensation programs. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a great total rewards team and while the role has a heavy emphasis on managing our sales incentive plans and awards, it is an opportunity to expand in all aspects of total rewards including pension and benefits. This position is located at our downtown Toronto office (currently hybrid) and will support multiple site locations in Canada.
• Conduct analysis of both internal equity and external competitiveness to determine pay level and pay mix recommendations.
• Manage job grading process for new roles.
• Assist HR with making compensation recommendations for new hires and internal promotions.
• Assist with the development, preparation and distribution of total rewards communication materials.
• Collect, organize and report data for participation in industry compensation surveys.
• Support all compensation programs including annual merit increases and the annual incentive processes.
Sales Incentive Compensation
• Reporting, analytics, and calculation of sales incentive payments.
• Liaise with IT teams on generation of sales reports, system fixes and master data updates.
• Participate in cross functional meetings with sales, IT, and payroll to identify and resolve compensation issues.
• Implement proactive solutions and identify new processes to reduce compensation inquiries and escalations.
• Create and update process documentation on payment process workflows.
• Partner with sales team to understand issues and work with team on resolution.
• Investigation of incentive payment queries.
• Manage the sales awards program for prizes & trips including verification of winners and records management.
Other Total Rewards Projects
• Manage the car allowance program by liaising with third-party provider to ensure rates are at market and payments are processed.
• Member of project team to relaunch non-monetary recognition & service award programs and then ongoing management of program administration.
• Member of project team for pension & benefit design changes and implementation.
• Conduct research and complete data analysis requests to support Labour Relations and collective bargaining needs.
• Work closely with the Human Resources Employee Services team to implement process efficiencies and support case resolutions.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor degree/college diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Finance or other analytical discipline.
• 2 - 3 years of total rewards experience with emphasis on sales incentive plans; experience with compensation and other benefit programs is an asset.
• Experience in consumer products industry an asset.
• Expertise using Excel to analyze large data sets (i.e. basic formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUPs).
• Knowledge of Power BI is an asset.
• Exceptional attention to detail required to ensure accuracy of data management.
• Strong communication skills to explain sales compensation to all levels of the organization from front line employees to the executive leadership team.
• Experience working with HRIS (SAP skills preferred).
• Strong problem-solving and process improvement skills.