The Manager, Total Rewards will contribute to the design and lead the review of total rewards programs that will help realize strategic initiatives for the company. This role is responsible for hands-on management and effectively executing the compensation, pensions, benefits and other related total rewards programs. The successful candidate will possess a blend of strong analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail with a practical, solutions-oriented mindset and creative problem-solving. This position is located at our downtown Toronto office (currently hybrid) and will support multiple site locations in Canada.
• Regularly evaluate all total rewards programs and make recommendations for strategic adjustments to program design to align to business needs and strategy.
• Develop, implement, and maintain compensation, pensions and benefits processes to ensure optimal efficiency and adequate controls.
• Prepare high-impact communications with the objective of sharing information and improving employee awareness of related programs and their value within the total rewards framework.
• Manage the annual benefits enrollment, compensation review cycle and annual incentive planning.
• Manage projects related to the total rewards programs including development of educational campaigns, revising plan documents, beneficiary reviews, and preparing for retirement programs.
• Act as subject matter expert to the HR team and business partners by providing expertise, coaching and assistance related to the total rewards programs.
• Work closely with the Labour Relations team to provide on-going bargaining support and expertise.
• Work effectively with internal departments including legal, finance, payroll and call centre to provide information and expertise.
• Act as relationship manager to service providers, ensuring adequate levels of consultation, effectiveness, and service delivery.
• Mentor and coach a team.
• Ensure total rewards program compliance with legislative requirements.
• Lead administrative and analytical tasks related to pension and retirement programs including required annual pension filings, auditing related to eligibility and contributions, and supporting the pension committee meetings.
• Ensure effective training and tools are in place and reflect current programs and processes.
• Focus on process improvements that reduce cost and improve services.
Education & Experience
• Minimum 5-7 years of progressive total rewards experience with a preference for working in unionized environment.
• University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience with a focus in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
• Experience with SAP preferred as well as strong technical skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Capable of communicating and supporting employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement, tact and decision making.
• Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to build strong partnerships with external vendors & partners.
• Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal and listening skills.