What Encore's All About:
Founded by architects of the industry, Encore has rapidly become one of Canada's most respected field sales organizations for selling, merchandising, technology and strategic consulting. At Encore, we possess the expertise in field sales to ensure our clients are successful in their most critical market channels. Going deep with few...being nimble and responsive for us is more than a turn of phrase, it is a way of life...and it comes down to the following Vision and Mission that compel us to outperform every day. Our Vision: The first choice for tier-one organizations seeking to optimize their field sales investment. Our Mission: Provide uncompromising quality of service and unparalleled calibre of thinking...developing strategies and delivering solutions that enable our clients to win.
The Opportunity: HR Generalist
This role is a diverse one. In addition to partnering with your many internal clients to lead the full-cycle recruiting process, you will play a key role on this small Human Resources Team. You will be actively engaged in Employee Relations, Learning and Development, H&S, Disability and WCB Claim Management, HR System Management, Performance Development, Benefits, Reward and Recognition, Succession Planning, On/Offboarding and Reporting/Trend Analysis to name just a few.
The Perfect Person for the Role:
You are someone who is passionate about HR. You could be early on in your Human Resources career, but you are a confident, critical thinker and a ‘take charge’ type of induvial who will exercise good judgement, learn the role and assume responsibility. Not only do you have higher than average Emotional Intelligence, you are very comfortable with and embrace technology. You develop relationships easily and your actions earn respect and trust quickly. You thrive on juggling many balls and enjoy working at a brisk pace. You're a 'roll-up-your-sleeves' type of person and are willing to offer support wherever needed. Most importantly, you provide uncompromising quality of service in everything you do.
In addition to everything outlined in “The Perfect Person for the Role”,
- Post-secondary education preferably in HR and working towards your HR designation is preferred
- Previous recruiting experience is preferred
- Previous HR Generalist experience is an asset
- Fluent in both French and English is a definite asset
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite of products, with an expertise in PowerPoint, in particular, and intermediate level Excel skills including working with Pivot Tables
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems, namely Taleo Business Edition is preferred but not required
- Amazing oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and very high work standards
- Ability to travel overnight within Canada to attend/present training sessions
- The ability to cultivate collaborative internal and external relationships through leadership, influence and impact
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
The RIGHT Candidate:
At Encore, we feel that no matter your background, what’s most important to your success and ours is the way you interact with others. Don’t get us wrong, if you have the right experience and skills, that’s great. So, if you’re thinking about working with Encore, it’s important that you know we’ll expect from you:
- You believe in winning
- You bring passion and innovative thinking that will deliver results
- You believe that the words ‘work’ and ‘fun’ belong in the same sentence
You can be described as:
- Intellectually curious
- Continuously challenging yourself
- Having business maturity, professional
The expectation will be that you are working out of our Encore Head Office in Oakville at least 3 days per week and the balance of time working from a home office if you like.