Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply. Division: Corporate
Work Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON (Hybrid)
About the Role
This exciting position will report to the Director, Compensation & Benefits and will oversee all aspects of Benefits and Pension programs for Corus.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be the architect behind all aspects of Benefits and Pension. As a member of the Total Rewards management team, this leadership role will lead high profile initiatives and will have exposure across all levels of our People Team and senior leadership.
- Manage the Benefits and Pension function, leading a small specialist team, focused on plan design, systems, administration, vendor management and communications while liaising with other teams, management and third-party providers.
- Manages the design and delivery of our Corus Benefits Program (Health, Dental, Group Insurance Benefits), Special Risk Insurances, and our Retirement Investments Program (Defined Benefit Pension, Defined Contribution Pension and Group RRSP).
- Manages Total Rewards programs including Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), Employee Share Purchase Programs (ESSP), Service Awards and Discounts & Incentives.
- As Recording Secretary of the Retirement Council, leads all activities supporting the Retirement Council and Human Resources Compensation Council (HRCC) of the Board of Directors, including meeting preparations, document management, record keeping, and legislative filings.
- Owner of Dayforce HCM system Benefits and Pension set ups and interfaces, working closely with Payroll, HR Systems Project Management Office (PMO), Ceridian and other service providers.
- Responsible for overseeing business requirements development, analysis, and testing, ensuring system capabilities are fully leveraged and processes optimized.
- Leads all activities required to support Dayforce changes including roll out plan development, job aids, and communicating changes to impacted audiences.
- Supports Director, Labour Relations with collective agreement bargaining needs, grievances and other union concerns, negotiating program changes with vendors where required.
- Oversees the examination of complex benefit and retirement issues, documenting all factors and considerations, while recommending solutions for effective decision-making.
- Manages all Benefits, Pension and employee program education strategies, including working closely with vendors and our Communications team to refine content and planning effective communication campaigns and information sessions.
- Develops strong relationships with third parties and efficiently manages vendor performance against contractual agreements.
- Oversee all program initiatives and projects including RFP processes, contract negotiation and vendor implementation.
- Manages Benefits and Pension cost management and annual benefit premium/pension contribution renewal processes, including communications to different stakeholder groups.
- Works in collaboration with Payroll, People Team Business Partners, Labour Relations, management and our service providers.
- Strong focus on coaching, developing and continuous improvement of specialist team members.
- Oversees development and maintenance of Benefits and Pension procedures, providing training to the Total Rewards team where required.
- Ensure legislative compliance of our Total Rewards programs with federal and provincial laws.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes within Benefits and Pension area, as well as the greater Human Resources landscape.
- Act as the backup for Director, Compensation & Benefits in their absence.
If you have the following… we want to hear from you!
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum five years’ experience managing Benefits and Pension (Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution) and leading a team for a mid-to-large size unionized organization
- Experience with pensions legislative compliance and filings with regulatory bodies
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation is an asset
- Proven track record working with different levels of stakeholders, including senior executives, while fostering cross-functional collaboration
- Proven track record of translating technical knowledge into plan management to successfully manage the programs and support our people
- Experience leading technology projects related to Benefits and Pension management, including integration with HR, payroll and vendor systems
- Experience drafting, negotiating and administering contracts and agreements
Key Skills and Behaviors:
- Experienced people leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor professional level team members to thrive in their roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to clearly and effectively explain and persuade audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with senior executives and form relationships within and outside the organization
- Solid vendor management, negotiation and relationship building skills Technical skills, including data analysis, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Well-developed project management, prioritization, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Collaborative and collegial mindset with an ability to work toward common goals
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently, efficiently, with ambiguity, and seek guidance where appropriate
- Exceptional thought leadership, judgement and intellectual curiosity with vision on how to bring change or implement new concepts and strategies
- High degree of confidentiality and professional judgment in dealing with sensitive information Exemplifies Corus values and fosters an inclusive working environment
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day. We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives.
Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action. You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us, and our workplace pretty unique - and amazing.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, please apply online in Corus Careers.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.