Keeping Ontario’s Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs—from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is dedicated to serving Ontario’s Parliament.
Together, we provide non-partisan administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration and excellence.
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can share your proven expertise as a Supervisor, Pay & Benefits?
If so, seize this opportunity to live our values as part of our Human Resources Branch in Toronto, ON. You will report to the Manager, Pay & Benefits, and work with a dynamic HR/Payroll team.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Exhibit the utmost tact, diplomacy and confidentiality at all times while demonstrating a high degree of professionalism
- Ensure the maintenance of payroll records as per records protocol and legislated requirements
- Provide guidance in the interpretation/application of pay and benefits administration, ensuring consistent application
- Ensure execution of payroll activities while continuously looking for improvements in operational processes
- Maintain and follow guidelines to safeguard and/or disclose information, as appropriate
You’ll support our collaboration as you:
- Work with the Manager, Pay & Benefits, to provide leadership to the Payroll team, including hiring, orientation, coaching and training, work assignments and priorities, performance standards, and managing performance/evaluations
- Participate in recommending and developing system enhancements from an end-user perspective, including functional design document and script testing
- Supervise Absence Management processes and liaise with client groups
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Proven payroll supervisory experience to provide leadership and direction, delegation and monitoring of daily payroll operations, including facilitation techniques to provide feedback and recognition, identifying and addressing performance outcomes
- 3 to 5 years’ experience, and a relevant post-secondary education with a payroll designation preferred
- Thorough sound knowledge of Pay/Benefits and Attendance Recording functions, and payroll/records administrative policies, methods and procedures required for computerized systems
- Knowledge of relevant sections of Acts, Regulations, Manuals and Directives as well as pertinent sections of legislation relating to CPP, EI, Income Tax, Pension and Benefits
- Demonstrated experience in an advisory capacity to client groups
- Experience in implementing and utilizing an in-house Payroll/HRIS system
- Demonstrated experience using advanced Excel skills
- Proficient English verbal and written skills to communicate with clients and produce appropriate written correspondence
If you join our team, you can expect:
- A comprehensive benefit and pension package
- Access to an employee and family assistance program
- A dynamic work environment
- To work with a team of dedicated professionals
Salary Range: $68,671 - $106,088 per annum
If you share our values and are interested in this position, please visit us at www.ola.org and select Careers for more details. File No.: LA-2022-52 Closing Date: Monday, August 8, 2022
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario embraces diversity and, as an equal opportunity employer, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace while establishing a diversified qualified workforce. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.