Over the last 40 years, Weston Consulting has become a leader in land use planning and urban design, serving the public and private sectors throughout Ontario. Due to our ongoing contribution to the built environment and our commitment to our clients, we are looking to grow our team through the addition of a Human Resources Manager.
- Integrity - Culture of Integrity, Professionalism and Trust
- Teamwork - Working Together in a Structure of Accountability, Results and Reward
- Develop - Recruit, Develop and Support the Best Talent
- Engagement - Giving Back to the Community, the Industry and the Planet
- Client Focus - Client Value and Management
At Weston, you will have the opportunity to work with a multi-skilled executive team. You will directly contribute to driving sustainable growth and success for the firm by helping connect senior management with employees, improve employee engagement and build strategic talent management plans. Your contribution will help bolster a happy and productive workplace while shaping a positive culture that is reflective of our core values.
Your responsibilities, under the guidance of the CEO and other senior staff, will include:
- Develop and monitor HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization that are aligned with our overall business strategy
- Manage the recruitment, selection, onboarding and offboarding process
- Oversee performance management software and performance and wage reviews
- Manage the student recruitment and mentorship program
- Assess, monitor and execute training and professional development needs
- Bridge management and employee relations by resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation and addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage enrollment, termination and administration of benefits program and assist with negotiation of benefits plan
- Handle workplace investigations, disciplinary and termination procedures
- Maintain and report on workplace health and safety compliance
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Ensure legal compliance with labour practices
You will bring:
- Strong leadership skills that will be used to mentor and motivate individuals at all levels and across teams
- The ability to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant labour and health and safety laws
- High attention to detail, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills that will assist you in generating successful results
- The ability to hold oneself accountable while maintaining integrity and professionalism
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other related products
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in human resources or related field, CHRP is considered an asset
- Minimum of five years of experience in human resources with proven experience as an HR Manager
At Weston, we support each other as a team, through various company-wide events. We are committed to assisting individuals with personal and professional growth through achieving a work-life balance by offering summer hours, lieu days and flex-time. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities, access to resources and fair treatment of all individuals. All voices, thoughts and ideas hold value and we seek to make sure that they are encouraged and heard. We strive to create a workplace that reflects and celebrates diversity and encourages members of equity-seeking groups to self-identify in their cover letters.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please let us know of your needs in advance by contacting us directly.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, in confidence, via email to Ashley Mannello at email@example.com. Please limit the size of attachments to 5mb in pdf format, and list your name and the role you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.