You have a clear vision of where your career can go. And we have the leadership to help you get there. At CNA, we strive to create a culture in which people know they matter and are part of something important, ensuring the abilities of all employees are used to their fullest potential.
The Recruiting Consultant will perform all recruitment activities involved in the staffing of positions across a variety of business groups throughout Canada.
- Partners with management (HR Business Partners and hiring managers) to understand staffing needs and assists in developing sourcing strategies to meet those needs while ensuring reduced cycle time and cost per hire.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Prepares recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards and intranet sites.
- Identifies candidates, conducts preliminary interviews and obtains feedback from management and candidates.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules.
- Recommends terms of offer to management and extends offers to candidates.
- Follows up on interview process status and updates records in internal database.
- Updates weekly recruitment report.
- Identifies and communicates hiring trends to clients, staffing and recruiting management.
- Participates in maintaining and monitoring vendor relationships and makes vendor recommendations to management as needed.
- Maintains a database of candidate records, including active and passive prospects, current and former employees and other candidate relationships.
- Supports all automation processes as required.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours to be inclusive, externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, and continuously learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources with a minimum of 4 years of recruiting experience, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Solid knowledge of HR policies and practices, business and client groups, all areas of recruiting and of Canadian employment laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and consulting skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguous, confidential and sensitive situations and issues.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other business related software including resume tracking databases.
- Technical knowledge of cutting-edge recruiting techniques.
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.