The Benefits Manager will lead the team in administering benefits and providing best in class service for 7,500+ employees across Canada.
This role is accountable for the management of group benefits plans, RRSP and other benefit programs with strategic and innovative insight. This position will work with key partners in the organization to develop the benefits strategy and provide critical input for the delivery of benefits programs and enhancements that align with company objectives and contribute to the well-being of our employees.
This position will be a proven and experienced Benefits Manager, who thrives in a culture of teamwork, collaboration, can-do spirit, while utilizing their benefits knowledge to not only build trust with stakeholders, but also in the delivery of various multi-province benefit plans for a positive employee experience.
- Develop and support benefits team through coaching, active goal setting and performance management to grow our talent and capabilities, and drive engagement
- Establish and maintain best practices for the delivery of group health and dental plans, disability management, RRSP plans, affinity programs, wellness initiatives and more
- Maintain strong vendor relationships, and ensure vendors are held accountable to established service levels
- Administer the annual group benefits renewal process, and RFP processes
- Maintain knowledge of market trends
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial legislation and governmental reporting requirements
- Manage data accuracy and integrity for all benefits, and ensure accurate data for year-end tax slip reporting
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with all levels of the organization, and communicate actively with key business partners
- Work with technical partners and vendors to ensure business requirements for benefits feeds and interfaces are maintained appropriately and any required changes are implemented successfully
- Responsible for benefits communication content, and partnering with operating companies for education of employees regarding their benefits
- Drive ongoing process optimization and improvement that will scale with company growth
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
Reports into a Senior Manager or a Director level position.
Management and development of a shared services benefits team.
Responsible for managing the budget and costs related to delivering benefits for all groups of employees across all operating companies in Canada.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of five years extensive experience
- Advanced understanding of benefits administration practices and legislation
- Experience coaching, mentoring and leading a team
- Vendor management, plan design and plan renewal experience
- CEBS certification desired
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources or related discipline preferred
- PeopleSoft or Oracle Fusion experience an asset
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility by demonstrating expertise.
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, while being able to influence and persuade stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions.
- Able to successfully own and manage their own work accountability, while developing the capabilities of their team.
- Strong creative, analytical and problem-solving skills required; take a practical approach to solve issues that gain business stakeholders agreement.
- Be able to analyze complex problems and deliver insightful, practical, and sustainable solutions.
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members and be capable of motivating teams to maximize performance.
- Excellent customer service focus and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in multiple systems simultaneously.
- Ability to respond with flexibility as organizational requirements and systems change
- Deep understanding of business processes and data; knowledge of benefits concepts and processes.
- Tact and diplomacy to effectively deal with questions and concerns from clients and sensitive plan member situations
- Build Relationships
- Develop People
- Lead Change
- Inspire Others
- Think Critically
- Communicate Clearly
- Create Accountability