Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Human Resources Manager responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform as a strategic partner along with the rest of the plant management team. Act as a liaison between the plant floor management and the Plant Manager with responsibility for all aspects of human resources in a high-speed manufacturing environment
- Liaison with Corporate Human Resources team on various matters as member of company-wide Human Resources Team
- Involvement with the plant’s EHS Committee, WCP Committee and Quality Teams
- Provides hands-on employee relations and support to employees of CROWN. Coordinate employee communications and meetings to keep employees informed
- Labour & Employee Relations issues which would include but not be limited to; contract administration and grievance handling, resolving conflicts, developing and rolling out improvement plans, investigating and resolving complaints and implementing required employee actions
- Documenting all appropriate investigations and maintaining proper files at the plant location
- On the floor interactions with employees on all shifts, responding to employees issues/concerns in support of a positive employee relations’ environment
- Responsible for all of the areas before, during and after related to talent acquisition for the plant for salaried and hourly employees. This would include sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection, background screening and reference checks
- Responsible for orientation/onboarding program for the employees Organizational development activities to include active management of the site’s succession plan
- Provide leadership, consultation, and as needed, intervention suggestions that support positive employee relations throughout the facility
- Evaluate the training needs of the facility and along with the Corporate HR team to develop/design and roll-out a variety of training topics that will be a benefit to the employee, location and Division
- WSIB management including coordination of the return to work program
- HRIS system administration including payroll issues, employee data input, daily attendance, and other related areas
- Maintenance of employee files and records
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Business or a related discipline
- 5+ years in an HR management role
- 5+ years in a unionized manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of all relevant legislation
- Aluminum metal packaging background
- Professional certification through HRPA
- AS400 experience
- Strong project management skills with a history of delivering results.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adapt as business needs dictate.
- Proven success in talent acquisition at all levels.
- Experience developing and facilitating training.
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational leadership skills a plus, i.e., strategy development/implementation, change management, employee engagement, presentation development/delivery skills, etc.
- Demonstrated employee relations skills.
- Experience developing, building and maintaining strong business partnerships.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as working independently and self-directed.
- Process oriented with a continuous improvement mindset
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
CROWN offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.crowncork.com