Drive for Excellence
Looking to join a fast-paced and an ever expanding organization? Be a part of our dynamic team at Performance Auto Group! We are currently seeking an Employee Relations & Safety Coordinator to join our Employee Services Team based out of our Brampton Corporate Headquarters.
Reporting to the Employee Relations Business Partner and the Safety & Accessibility Manager, you will perform a wide array of employee relations administrative tasks; and coordinate activities related to employee relations, total rewards, health & safety, and organizational development. The role is critical in executing our HR initiatives, providing exceptional internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
Our purpose is to be the preferred automotive group by fostering fair and respectful relationships that positively impact our team, customers, partners, and communities. Our core values as an organization are the principals we were built on that guide us today:
- Great Experience: Every customer is entitled to a great experience
- Integrity: We are honest and transparent in our actions
- Diversity: We are stronger through the inclusion of people, brands and ideas
- Innovation: We passionately embrace opportunities for new and continuous improvements
- Empowerment: We encourage and support our people in taking initiative
- Giving Back: We positively impact the communities in which we live, work and raise families.
You are a resourceful and detail oriented team player who demonstrates enthusiasm and confidence in the delivery of daily duties. You’re organized and can manage a wide array of daily tasks and ongoing projects in a timely manner.
You’re proactive in your approach to providing support with the ability to anticipate needs in a fast paced, changing environment. You’re a self starter, hardworking with a high sense of initiative and driven to work in a collaborative work environment.
Here’s what you’ll deliver:
- Execute administrative duties and provide administrative support across all stages of the employment life cycle activities from onboarding to offboarding
- Deliver timely and exceptional customer service to achieve positive working relations with store managers and employees.
- Manage OMVIC sales registration compliance for respective region including new registrations, transfers, routine audits, renewal reminders and processing cancellation
- Perform daily and monthly benefits administration activities including but not limited to new enrollments, changes, billing, auditing and terminations.
- Administer employee purchase and discount programs
- Track and monitor employee performance reviews; send probationary reminders to managers and employees on a routine basis.
- Pull HR metrics and data on a routine basis and gather trends from it.
- Adhere to all applicable federal and provincial regulations and company policies.
- Exercise full discretion, privacy and confidentiality with information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Assume other duties as directed by management and Senior Leadership.
Safety & Accessibility
- Track and administer all leave of absences including occupational and non-occupational illness and injury
- Assist with developing accommodation plans for employees.
- Track and administer workplace safety activities, including but not limited to WSIB claims, JHSC and inspection compliance, worker safety training, accident and injury reporting.
- Provide support to the Group Safety & Accessibility Manager and the Joint Health and Safety Committees in coordinating monthly inspections and quarterly meetings.
- Monitor worker safety training records to ensure compliance with OHSA, including first aid and Joint Health and Safety certifications.
- Maintain all safety and accommodation related documentation for assigned client group.
- Assumes other duties as directed by the Group Safety & Accessibility Manager or Director of Employee Services
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Human Resources Management or related field.
- CHRP designation required or in process.
- Previous HR related experience is considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of google applications, sheets and team drive.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure work environment while effectively managing competing and changing priorities.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to take initiative in the development and completion of assigned projects and duties.
- Positive, solution driven “can do” attitude.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid judgment, problem solving skills and initiative.
- Demonstrates utmost professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent management support and guidance
- Opportunities through our Internal career development program
- Access to health, dental and vision insurance
- Disability, critical illness and life insurance for the unexpected
- Our Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) for you and your family's wellness
- Discount on vehicles, service and parts for you and your family
- Discounts to retailers and service providers across the country
- Free and engaging employee events
- Did we mention we love giving back to our communities?!
Performance Auto Group is a leading automotive company in Southern Ontario with over 1600 employees, 22 brands and 34 locations in Brampton, Brantford, Bolton, Grimsby, Mississauga, Oakville, Orangeville, St. Catharines and Toronto. Performance Auto Group also includes AutoPlanet Direct, Ontario's largest indoor used car showroom.
We thank all applicants; however only those contacted for an interview will be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people with special needs. Accommodations will be provided throughout the selection process as requested. For any inquiries please email us.