The Upper Grand District School Board (UGDSB) employs approximately 4,000 dedicated staff who serve more than 35,000 students attending a variety of programs across 65 elementary and 11 secondary schools as well as continuing education and adult learning centres in the counties of Dufferin, Wellington and the City of Guelph. The UGDSB covers the ancestral and treaty lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Six Nations of the Grand River, and Saugeen Ojibway Nation.
The Upper Grand District School Board is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Human Resources team in the capacity of Organizational Development (OD) and HR Services, Administrative Officer for this full-time, permanent position.
LOCATION: Guelph Board Office (500 Victoria Rd. N, Guelph, ON)
SALARY RANGE: $55,337.00 to $69,171.00 (per annum - 35 hours per week)
The successful candidate will report to the Manager of HR Services and will assist with the development and coordination of leadership and staff development programs as well as OD initiatives. This position will also be responsible for administering the hiring, administration and onboarding of our Casual Employee groups including noon hour supervisors, reading tutors and emergency workers. The incumbent will have experience in the Learning and/ or Organizational Development fields with proven project management skills. Strong analytical and organization skills along with the ability to work collaboratively with a large variety of stakeholders to achieve goals is necessary.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate training for different groups within the organization by securing trainers, locations, and applicable materials
- Provide onsite support for Learning and Professional Development activities at various locations throughout the Board
- Create, distribute, and monitor surveys and assessments as well as compile data and provide analysis to measure department customer satisfaction and learning gains as well as make recommendations for changes or enhancements
- Partner with external consultants and vendors to execute L&D and OD initiatives
- Maintain department databases of required organizational training and legislative training for all organizational positions
- Act as contact with regards to the Online Learning Management System and general training inbox
- Assist with the creation of written communications to support various projects and initiatives
- Support the development, scheduling, and implementation of annual training calendars
- Provide excellent customer service by acting as a point of contact for OD and general queries
- Contribute to research and keep up to date on OD best practices
- Use technology to advance learning and organizational development initiatives (i.e.Learning Management Systems, e-learning modules. etc.)
- Track and report on applicable training completions for all employee groups and system locations
- Consistently administer and track required documentation for new hire and returning casual staff members
- Liaise with various stakeholders including; Administrators and Payroll Services to ensure process efficiency
- Maintain casual staff records in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Assist with full recruitment process including sourcing candidates, interviews, and employee onboarding
- Perform other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline combined with a CHRP designation or CTP or CTDP designation or qualifications/experience deemed equivalent by the Board
- Minimum three years of recent experience in Human Resources or Organizational Development
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, change management and employee engagement concepts (experience in adult training and/or training program development is an asset)
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- Ability to build effective working relationships and demonstrated diplomacy in dealing with sensitive issues
- Strong analytical and organizational skills combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
- Demonstrated team player with excellent customer service skills
- The incumbent must demonstrate initiative, sound judgement and a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Knowledge of HRIS, Learning Management Systems and their associated functions
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel/Word/PowerPoint); working knowledge of Google based products and/or Sharepoint is an asset
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent computer skills and strong attention to detail with limited supervision
- Flexibility and willingness to accomplish other duties as assigned
EQUITY AT THE UGDSB:
The UGDSB is committed to disrupting systemic racism and oppression in all of its forms. We are committed to building a diverse staff that is reflective of and adds value to the community and students we serve. We actively encourage applications from members of groups who have historically and/or currently experience marginalization and/or barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
- First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples
- Persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions
- Members of groups that commonly experience discrimination based on race, ancestry, ethnicity, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin
- Persons with visible and/or invisible disabilities
At UGDSB, we recognize that many of the identities listed above do not exist in a single form and are often intersecting, creating complex and unique experiences for applicants. We value the contributions that each person brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment where everyone can participate fully, thrive, and reach their full potential. Please visit Safe, Equitable and Inclusive Schools to find out more about equity, diversity and inclusion at the UGDSB.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com, specifying ‘Job Code 22AE18’ in the subject line, no later than 4:00 p.m. on September 16th, 2022. Please include with your resume a list of professional references and relevant supporting educational and/or training documentation.
We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation at any phase of the recruitment process, please contact Employee Health and Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful external candidate will be required to produce an original Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) prior to the commencement of employment. The VSC must be dated within 6 months of the start date of employment. For further information, refer to the UGDSB’s Criminal Record Check requirements.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in working for the Upper Grand District School Board, we wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.