Corporate Services Operations Assistant
Full-Time, Exempt, Temporary Contract with potential for transition to Permanent position
Corporate Business Office with occasional travel to other locations, and hybrid*
$30.59/hour (2019 rate subject to review)
Exempt Grade A
December 5, 2022
December 1, 2023
35 hours per week, evenings and weekends may be required
October 17, 2022
October 28, 2022
Ajax Public Library is currently recruiting one (1) candidate for the *temporary/contract* position of Corporate Services Operations Assistant (Full-Time). Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of Corporate Services, within a certified ISO environment, and in a manner that is consistent with Ajax Public Library’s overall visions and goals, the Corporate Services Operations Assistant supports the Library in the areas of: facilities, operations, document management, performance reporting, human resources, finance, purchasing, labour relations, and special projects; provides backup supervisory assistance and other corporate support services functions as required.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma from an accredited community college in Business Administration or related discipline, with a focus on facilities management, project management or Human Resources management. Minimum of one year relevant experience in the public sector or in a mid-sized not-for
profit environment; Library experience an asset.
- Valid Class ‘G’ driver’s license with a clear abstract.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the required core competencies of the position. Demonstrated experience in executing the key duties of the position. Proven commitment to superior customer service. Proven knowledge of the Windows-based Office computer environment with intermediate-level Microsoft Excel skills. Detail-oriented, proactive thinker. Familiar with an ISO environment and quality management. Demonstrated experience with project management tools and software. Experience monitoring and analyzing key performance metrics.
Key Duties: Document Management
- As the Library’s Document Liaison, updates and maintains the Library’s document management system (DMS). Generates and maintains Corporate Services documentation.
Key Duties: Facilities and Operational Support
- Serves as point of contact with the Town of Ajax Facilities staff and submits all work orders. Supports Coordinator of Corporate Services with facilities management functions. Supports Corporate Services facilities functions such as implementing security, warming centres, and cooling centres for Main Branch. Coordinates all room rental and exam proctoring services.
Key Duties: Human Resources & Labour Relations
- Supports Coordinators of Corporate Services and Performance Measures & Special Projects with backup supervisory assistance. Supports Corporate Services human resources functions as needed. Supports recruitment process and administration. Provides support with labour relations documentation (including bargaining, grievances & arbitrations, disciplinary issues).
Key Duties: Organizational Performance & Special Projects
- Supports the Coordinators of Corporate Services and Performance Measures & Special Projects with the development and monitoring of work unit performance benchmarks. Prepares and develops reports and statistics as required by the Coordinators of Corporate Services and Performance Measures & Special Projects. Supports the work of special projects as required.
Key Duties: Finance & Purchasing
- Provides support with financial transactions, including petty cash management. Supports Corporate Services inventory management, including monitoring, purchasing, receiving and distribution. Provide backup assistance for payroll administration.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility for actions, results, and risks. Consistently delivers on work plan objectives as assigned by the Coordinator.
Attention to Detail: Follows procedures and ensures accuracy in transactions. Corrects own errors.
Communication Skills: Writes and speaks effectively, using conventions proper to the situation.
States own opinions clearly, concisely, tactfully, and explains the reasoning behind the opinion. Maintains confidential communications, as needed. Communications are respectful and inclusive and demonstrate professionalism.
Customer Service Focus: Understands service objectives. Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; attempts to resolve customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; applies corporate principals to customer service, including the commitment to exceed customer expectations.
Initiative: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions. Responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
Problem Solving: Anticipates problems; adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions; is willing to take action, even under pressure, criticism or tight deadlines; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
Quality System: Understands and applies quality concepts to all aspects of work. Familiar with ISO: 9001 and the Town of Ajax Quality Statement, relevant Library Operating Policies and Procedures and forms. Demonstrates proactive customer service techniques at all times.
Reliability: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments.
Technical Knowledge: Understands how to use office and information technology, equipment and other tools to accomplish work. Demonstrates the appropriate level of technical expertise.
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation and benefits package; OMERS defined benefit pension package for all permanent positions; *Work from home hybrid options available in alignment with the Library’s Telecommute Policy [applicable roles only]; Free on-site parking; Confidential Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP); Free employee membership to Town of Ajax Fitness Facilities; Engaged learning culture and professional development opportunities; Collaborative team members who are driven by the Library’s shared values and who are constantly inspired to do great work.
- Integrity: Championing inclusive values, and embracing difficult conversations as learning opportunities. Service Focus: Prioritizing our customers, both internal and external. Continuous Improvement: Enhancing all aspects of the Library, as individuals and as an organization. Enthusiasm: Being passionate and energetic, and demonstrating a can-do attitude.
How to Apply
Candidates are invited to apply electronically to email@example.com.
Cover letter and résumé must be submitted in Word or PDF format.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on October 28, 2022.
Contact and Use of Information
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will be used strictly for candidate selection.
Provisions of Employment
Please note Ajax Public Library requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or medical exemption, as well as a satisfactory vulnerable sector/Criminal Records Check from all successful candidates.
Diversity and Accessibility in the Workplace
Ajax Public Library is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace, and ensuring all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. As a best practice, Ajax Public Library embraces diversity and gender expression through policy, staff training, and providing positive spaces. The Library encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the recruitment process as required. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance. Any information relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.