Drive for Excellence
Looking to join a fast-paced and an ever expanding organization? Be a part of our dynamic team at Performance Auto Group!
Our Employee Services team is growing and is seeking an Employee Relations Business Partner (Employee Relations) to join the head office Employee Services team in the Brampton Region and surrounding areas.
The Employee Relations Business Partner is responsible for a range of duties enabling the Employee Services department to deliver best practices and strategic HR solutions that support the business in conjunction with specialist Employee Relations functional duties. Employee Relations duties include: company policy support and interpretation, employment contracts, employment life cycle changes, off-boarding, leave management, manager training, regulatory compliance and other HR related programs. The ERBP is expected to maximize the effectiveness of Performance Auto Group staff, and ensure activities are well planned, coordinated and directed.
About Performance Auto Group
Our purpose is to be the preferred automotive group by fostering fair and respectful relationships that positively impact our team, customers, partners, and communities. Our core values as an organization are the principals we were built on that guide us today:
- Great Experience: Every customer is entitled to a great experience
- Integrity: We are honest and transparent in our actions
- Diversity: We are stronger through the inclusion of people, brands and ideas
- Innovation: We passionately embrace opportunities for new and continuous improvements
- Empowerment: We encourage and support our people in taking initiative
- Giving Back: We positively impact the communities in which we live, work and raise families
You embody our core values of great experience, integrity, diversity, innovation, empowerment and giving back. You are a dedicated, hard working and results driven professional with a passion for Human Resources. You possess strong time management, multitasking, communication and organizational abilities.
Here’s what you’ll deliver:
- Accountable for high level customer service to achieve positive working relations with business leaders and employees
- Ensures all employee tickets and queries are effectively responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
- Manages and administers employee life cycle changes
- Manages leave of absences including ESA job protected leaves
- Provides advice and education to managers and employees on compliance with company policies as they relate to federal and provincial legislation
- Serves as a resource to managers and provides consultation as they relate to performance management, employee relations including investigations, and progressive discipline matters
- Assesses and implements resolutions to complex employee relations matters including decisions involving varying levels of risk
- Responsible for the objective conduct of workplace investigations on workplace violations and harassment related complaints
- Supports the development of Performance Academy and the implementation of employment training initiatives
- Contributes and supports the development and delivery of new hire orientation program
- Develops and manages the attendance management program
- Supports the benefits administration process, performance management programs, retirement procedures and compensation.
- Educates employees and managers on company policies regarding job duties, working conditions, safety, wages, career advancement opportunities and employee benefits programs.
- Maintain accurate records and compile statistical reports relating to personnel data, e.g. hires, transfers, absenteeism rates, and performance appraisals.
- Supports all compensation related activities including pay equity compliance and job evaluation procedures;
- Manages all company job descriptions to ensure they are up to date and compliant in accordance with job evaluation procedures.
- Supports management and senior leadership with the effective development, implementation and revision of all HR policies and procedures
- Maintains strong working partnerships with the Payroll, Legal and Finance teams to ensure effective and efficient workflow between departments
- Assists the management with the development of departmental goals, objectives and systems
- Demonstrates utmost professionalism and ethical standards at all times
- Demonstrates utmost discretion as the role involves access to highly confidential information
- Assumes other duties as directed by management and other Senior level personnel
What do you need to succeed?
- University Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or related field
- CHRP or CHRL designation
- Minimum 5 years at the HR generalist level
- Previous HR experience in retail or hospitality considered an asset
- Strong understanding of automotive dealership operations is highly desirable
- Exceptional communication skills including written and presentation
- Exceptional organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while effectively managing and balancing multiple priorities, stakeholders and deliverables
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to conduct sound risk assessments
- Expertise in conducting workplace investigations and drafting investigation related documentation and reports
- Knowledge of employment legislation, regulations and best practices
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others
- Ability to foster a positive and respectful team environment
- Proficiency in cloud based communications platforms, specifically G Suite applications.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent management support
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long term disability, Life, AD & D and optional life insurance plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Endless opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Discount on vehicles, service and parts for you and your family
- Discounts to retailers and service providers across the country
- Free and engaging employee events
- Did we mention we love giving back to our communities?!
Performance Auto Group is a leading automotive company in Southern Ontario with over 1700 employees, 22 brands and 34 locations in Brampton, Brantford, Bolton, Grimsby, Mississauga, Oakville, Orangeville, St. Catharines and Toronto. Performance Auto Group also includes AutoPlanet Direct, Ontario's largest indoor used car showroom.
We thank all applicants; however only those contacted for an interview will be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people with special needs. Accommodations will be provided throughout the selection process as requested. For any inquiries please email us.