Embassy is rapidly expanding and growing our operations. The ideal candidate will have strong computer skills, an eye for design and a proven ability to deliver high quality results.
What you will gain from this opportunity:
- Gain hands-on practical knowledge of the HR profession to help grow your career
- Learn skills to navigate and successfully work with people and different departments
- Learn how to incorporate lean principles to streamline processes.
- Employee company-wide communications – lots of opportunity for creativity
- Managing facility/office requirements, such as supplies and relationships with outside vendors.
- Planning and executing event management deliverables such as Management Team meetings, Off- sites, Customer Events, Employee Town Halls/Events and Client Visits
- Update onboarding material and use your creativity to highlight our training program
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting preliminary interviews, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts.
- Create informative and eye-catching communication for onboarding material
- Assist with policy and procedure updating
- Event coordination - you will be responsible for 1 to 2 events per month
- Assist with leveraging social media to attract top talent
- Assist with Job Fairs and full cycle recruitment process
- Assist with hourly employee temporary worker payroll weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred.
- No hands-on experience required, previous co-op position preferred
- Tech Savvy – able to master new systems, tools and technologies
- Extremely strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills complimented by a friendly personality to help maintain and build relationships with vendors, clients and key business stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- A strong sense of responsibility and ownership over deadlines and overall portfolio
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva Pro/Enterprise
- Proven desire to go above and beyond
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists.
Embassy Ingredients is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities through the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the People and Development Department of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in a career at Embassy, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.