Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of. A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune. A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Ottawa manufacturing location in the Human Resources division.
As the Manager, Business HR, you’ll have the chance to manage the delivery of HR services across Abbott Point of Care (Ottawa). Act as the face of HR to the business and as the face of business to HR. Identify client needs and liaise with the different HR functions to ensure that client needs are met. Manage HR projects. Identify and proactively address Employee Relations issues. Assess the talent pipeline and coordinate talent development efforts. Coach and counsel managers on organization development, employee engagement and other HR issues.
What You’ll Do
- Work with recruiters to fill vacancies and screen candidates for management interviews. Develops and leads the panel interview or other assessment process for selected potential new hires and coaches’ managers on interviewing techniques and questions, as appropriate.
- Manage the Performance Excellence model, ensuring that all components are being executed (goals planning, performance appraisals, growth plans). Working with managers, identify performance issues. If required, develop work improvement programs with measurable goals. Work with managers and Employee Relations Manager in the development of these programs where requiredTermination
- When terminations occur, ensure that the termination process is equitable and that processes meet legal requirements. Follow up with terminated employee with an exit interview, where appropriate.
- Identify training needs for client divisions. Work with appropriate Abbott U.S. and Canadian resources to deliver programs.
- Work with management in the development of succession plans for each division. This includes identification of high potentials, implementation of development plans/career path for all staff and final succession plans.
Coaching/Employee Problem Solving/Consulting
- With manager and the Employee Relations function and/or legal counsel as required, work to resolve ambiguous and/or difficult employee situations, and mediate when required.
- Initiates and cultivates open, honest, confidential and productive relationships with colleagues and customers by establishing rapport, developing and understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals and following through on promises. Proactively identifies the potential for conflicts and takes initiative to resolve them in a timely and honest manner.
- Identify the budgetary implications of HR policies and programs and works with Finance to ensure appropriate budgeting.
Regulatory, Quality Assurance
- Work with the HR Service Center, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance to ensure that job descriptions, training programs and tracking of this training adheres to the quality assurance guidelines and that this program is up-to-date and accurate.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree. 8+ years of human resources experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in a variety of HR disciplines such as Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Training & Organization Development.
- Ability to understand key business strategies and translate this into HR deliverables.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to present technical HR information in such a way as to make it readily understandable for employees.
- Ability to design and implement simple and effective processes to reach the desired goals.
- Ability to quickly analyze a problem, integrating all the pertinent perspectives to develop an optimal solution.
- Bilingualism, English and French, an asset.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.