Talent Acquisition Specialist (Hybrid)
- ICONIX Waterworks
- Ajax, Ontario
- Up to $77,000 per year + bonus, RRSP match, comprehensive health and wellness benefits, other perks
- Closing date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Business / Professional Services, HR Consultant - Independent
- Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing
- Job Level
- Professional, Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Designations Required/Preferred
About the Role
- Develop recruitment campaigns to attract qualified and motivated candidates
- Generate and maintain a strong candidate pipeline through creative resourcing and effective utilization of the internal and external tracking systems
- Develop, track and analyze all recruiting programs to optimize ROI
- Conduct sourcing activities in order to fill open positions
- Coordinate and execute client engagement meetings as needed
- Develop and/or update job descriptions in consultation with Operations and Compensation administrator
- Post vacancies through internal and external venues
- Screen resumes, conduct interviews, reference checks and work with recruitment agencies when necessary to meet company requirements
- Manage all logistics around the interviewing process
- Lead candidate evaluation discussions, which includes feedback to Operations on employment references and background checks
Here's a Snapshot of How You'll Contribute to Our Team
Whatever your role, you will make a difference here.
- Knowledgeable – Demonstrated knowledge and best practice in foundational areas of HR as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office products and applicant tracking systems
- Interpersonal Skills - Demonstrated strong interviewing, negotiation and impactful presentation skills as well as the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, provide excellent employee/candidate experience and foster effective relationships
- Results Focus – Driven to achieve and add value to the workplace; balancing high quality service with strong business acumen and decision making
- Analytical Thinking – capable of complex reasoning analysis through the development, implementation, and interpretation of policies, procedures, and processes and evaluating their effectiveness
- Leadership - Plan, organize, and manage multiple projects while championing the desired culture across the business.
- Flexibility – Open to change; rapidly adapting to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles (because that’s what project management and strategy is all about!)
Who We're Looking for
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in Human Resources; preferably as a Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Previous agency recruitment experience
- HR professional designation is an asset
- A proven track record in recruiting and talent selection methods
- Highly effective interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
Why Choose ICONIX?
This is a place where you will be empowered to do your best work.
We know that our people make the difference and we recognize and reward that. From health and wellness benefits to employee recognition programs, discounts, and perks, we’ve got our employees covered.
- Market Competitive Compensation: We reward high-performance, team work, collaboration, and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Employee Incentive (Bonus) Plan: Our success is built on your success. We recognize employees for outstanding performance and the unique value they bring beyond the day-to-day, through our annual bonus program*.
- Retirement Savings Program: ICONIX will match your contribution dollar-for-dollar to a maximum percentage that is based on your length of service with the company.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits: Choose from flexible healthcare coverage designed to support all ages and stages of life.
- Employee Referral Program: Help us continue to grow our team. If your referral proves to be a successful hire, you receive a bonus.
- Learning and Development: Reach your full potential and career aspirations with training and development opportunities.
- Employee Discount Programs: Take advantage of discount programs offered by our corporate partners for items such as computers, mobile phone services, and more.
- Other perks include: Generous vacation/paid time-off allowance, career advancement opportunities, flexible work arrangements, paid time-off to volunteer, work boot reimbursement*, education assistance, stability of a three-generation Canadian-owned family business, family work atmosphere
*For eligible employees.
Ready to build your career and realize your full potential? Apply now and join the flow!
ICONIX. Real People. Real Service. Real Solutions.
ICONIX is Canada’s most diverse national waterworks distributor, with footprints across the country. We offer an agile, expert team of trusted, technical problem solvers that provide reliable access to innovative products and services for businesses and communities that depend on essential water and wastewater infrastructure. Learn more about ICONIX Waterworks.
Working at ICONIX Means Being Part of a Greater Organization
ICONIX is proud to be part of the Deschênes Group, a family-owned business based out of Montreal, Quebec, consisting of 16 business units and growing. The Deschênes Group is consistently ranked among Canada’s Best Managed Companies, a true testament to the company’s commitment to investing in its people and in delivering the best experience to our customers and partners. Learn more about the Deschênes Group.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert