We are seeking a results-oriented and strategically focused leader with exceptional interpersonal skills to provide oversight for the management of human resources and labour relations. As a member of the Senior Team, this position provides a comprehensive range of strategic and administrative human resource advice and service to support and enhance the overall success of the organization. Reporting to the Director of Education, the successful applicant will direct the day-to-day operation of the Human Resources Services, and collaborate with superintendents, principals, managers, supervisors and employees on employee relations and other HR matters. Responsibilities include strategic planning; facilitating staff recruitment and selection; labour relations; performance management; employment related legislation; salary and benefits administration; and disability management.
The Senior Manager of Human Resources and Labour Relations will possess the following qualifications, skills and abilities:
Education / Certification:
- A Bachelor of Arts degree in a related field with a concentration in human resources management or equivalent;
- Current C.H.R.L. designation is required;
- Ministry of Labour Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness in 5 Steps (online).
- In-depth knowledge of the Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code, Pay Equity Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and collective agreement administration;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Seven (7) years of experience in human resources and labour relations with a minimum of 3 years at a supervisory or managerial level;
- Extensive experience in a highly unionized environment with a focus on labour relations, negotiations and grievance resolution;
- Education sector experience preferred.
Skills / Abilities:
- Superior interpersonal skills with a professional approach to issues management;
- Superior oral, written and communication skills;
- Ability to effectively assess HR department processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies;
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Evidence-based decision-making skills;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy;
- Strong ethics and integrity;
- Well-developed negotiation and mediation skills;
- Self-directed and results oriented;
- Ability to work independently, and within a team environment;
- Team building skills;
- Superior organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to support and guide staff through coaching and development opportunities;
- Proven budgetary and financial accountability skills;
- Proficiency is required in the use of computerized HR systems, word processing and spreadsheet application software;
- Ability to provide regular attendance;
- Experience in a school board setting, knowledge of emergent issues in education and working knowledge of the Education Act and Regulations is an asset.
Our board is committed to providing safe environments for our students and staff. Please note that the conditions of employment include an acceptable Police Record Vulnerable Sector Check, as well as the certificate of completion for the Ministry of Labour Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 5 Steps Training (available on-line).
The Sudbury Catholic District School Board offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
If your qualifications, positive attitude and commitment to student achievement make you an ideal candidate for this position your are encouraged to apply online at sudburycatholicschools.simplication.com and submit a complete application package including:
- Cover letter
- Current resume including relevant leadership experience
- Most recent performance appraisal, if available
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Names and contact information of three (3) professional references, one of which must be your current supervisor
Applications must be received no later than January 3, 2023 at noon.
Our school board is host to and celebrates diverse cultures and is comprised of 1000 plus dedicated staff committed to high quality education that inspires and promotes lifelong learning to our 6,000 plus students.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Sudbury Catholic District School Board is committed to building a diverse and qualified workforce which reflects and serves the needs of its students and its communities, and supports the mission, vision and values of the Board.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for employee recruitment and selection purposes.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, or if you have questions about this collection of information, please contact Human Resources Services at (705) 673-5620.
Thank you for your interest in Sudbury Catholic Schools.