Human Resources Manager
- PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Oakville, Ontario
- Robust Total Rewards package based on qualifications and experience.
- Closing date
- Feb 19, 2023
- Construction Industries
- Generalist, Organizational Effectiveness / Culture, Talent Management / Workforce Planning
- Job Level
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Designations Required/Preferred
The future you want is within your reach.
A PCL employee never forgets the first time they can point to an awe-inspiring project in their community and say, “Hey, we built that!”
You won’t be hammering nails or an operating a crane, but we’ll help you build a career you are proud of. Your talents will shine behind the scenes supporting the work we do on the impressive projects we are known for – the sports arenas, the health-care centers, the solar farms, the skyscrapers that light up our city skylines and so much more.
We’re positioned for significant growth over the next few years, and we are looking for a strategic action-oriented HR Manager who is ready to take on a challenge and rewarding assignments to promote personal and professional growth.
The District Human Resources Professional Development (HRPD) Manager is responsible for setting the strategic direction of HRPD practices and processes for our Solar operations. This position will work from our main office located in Oakville Ontario and support the Solar area offices in the USA and Australia. Reporting to the district manager for Solar, this role requires a strong ability to develop trusting relationships, with a proven track record for positioning their organization as an employer of.
- Leads the development, execution, evaluation, and monitoring of district HRPD strategy, budget and key performance indicators (KPIs) in alignment with district and company strategic plans and priorities.
- Responsible for overall accountability, execution and integrity of recruitment and onboarding programs. Utilizes appropriate recruitment sourcing strategies and develops strategic industry contacts to build a candidate pipeline.
- Ensures appropriate immigration and visa requirements are completed for internal employee transfers.
- Leads the communication and change management plan associated with implementation of HR programs, policies, and practices and evaluates the effectiveness of them.
- Builds effective relationships to ensure proper implementation of all HR initiatives and programs. Manages and directs all HR cycles – performance management, talent acquisition, total rewards, employee engagement, diversity, equity & inclusion, succession planning, training and development, compliance / ethics, and strategic planning.
- Delivers district level training programs and complex facilitation sessions. Develops and implements comprehensive training assessments and plans to support district talent management strategies.
- Supervises, directs, coaches, trains, and mentors remote HRPD team, including direct and indirect reports located in USA and Australia offices.
- Postsecondary diploma or degree in human resources or a related discipline preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive human resources experience preferred. 1-3 years of supervisory experience of HR professionals preferred.
- Ability to travel to solar area offices as required.
- Seen as a trusted advisor with superior relationship management skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Strong business acumen, with an understanding of industry practices and new developments.
- Able to effectively manage a team comprising of entry to mid-level seasoned human resources professionals.
- Has demonstrated planning, organization, and time management skills, with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and delegate.
- HR experience in USA or Australia markets is an asset.
- Advanced application of relevant employment legislation for Canada, USA, and Australia operations (an asset).
- Strong networking skills. Able to develop and maintain HR networks.
- Proven ability to lead teams through significant change management initiatives.
- Ability to lead, inspire, create vision, and strategy for district HRPD.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. Any salary range displayed by a job board is an estimate. Your salary, which considers your unique qualifications and experience, is just one component of the robust total rewards you'll enjoy at PCL. This may include an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching, and career development programs.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert