Caframo is looking for an experienced HR professional with knowledge and passion for HR to join our team! The Senior HR Generalist will be responsible for promoting and implementing our people initiatives, ensuring compliance to legislation and company policies, administering payroll and benefits, and driving HR functional excellence for operational success and a positive impact on employees. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual who wants to join a value-added HR team that works together to increase employee engagement, morale, and satisfaction through HR best practices. If you are interested in joining an organization with challenging yet rewarding work and want to support a growing team to ensure a positive workplace culture for all, this may be the role for you.
Caframo is a truly GREAT company that provides opportunities for growth, career development, and training! We believe that quite separate from compensation, Caframo has the responsibility to foster a workplace where each person can find fulfillment every day and enjoy the company of the people they work with – known to us as the “Caframily”.
Compensation: $65,000 - $75,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Who we are:
Since 1955, Caframo has been a privately-owned, Canadian manufacturer and has grown to a team of over 140 employees. We are a global supplier and world leader in marine products and stirrers, and thermoelectric technology. We continue to expand our presence in other markets including home comfort and off-grid solutions. We develop and manufacture our products right here in Canada, along the picturesque shoreline of Colpoys Bay, in the municipality of Georgian Bluffs. View the calming turquoise waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours enjoying the tranquility of working where you play.
Our Core Values:
We always do the right thing, right now. We work together to achieve success. We know what it means to do a good job, and that is what we do. We get the most every day for the customer and for Caframo.
Comprehensive Benefits Coverage including Health and Dental - because we care about our employees and their families.
RRSP Matching - up to 2% of your annual earnings.
Training & Development - we focus on individual development plans, helping our employees to grow in their current roles and beyond.
Free Healthy Snacks – provided every day.
Flexible work schedule – finding a schedule that works for you and the business.
Annual Charity Committee – an opportunity to get involved to support a local charity organization.
Celebratory & Camaraderie events – have fun and engage with your fellow colleagues.
Environmental stewardship – commitment to reduce our overall carbon footprint.
Social responsibility – donation and sponsorship program to support local organizations.
What You Will be Doing:
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Senior HR Generalist will be responsible for a range of HR functions to support the company’s culture, employees, and programs.
Key responsibilities are defined below:
- Coordinate and maintain various programs, projects, and day-to-day human resources functions.
- Provide human resources support to the production team by providing day to day guidance, consulting on strategic initiatives, and developing training programs to support onboarding and development of our production team and its leadership.
- Participate in ongoing HR initiatives and projects to enhance HR services to the company.
- Support and strengthen relationships to improve retention, consult on concerns from employees, and help to address them in collaboration with the HR team and leadership.
- Contribute to the enhancement of HR initiatives by identifying opportunities for improvement, developing solutions, and executing change management strategies.
- Administer and maintain Caframo’s benefits programs.
- Administer Caframo’s payroll and attendance management programs.
- Conduct new employee orientations and support management with onboarding planning.
- Organize training & development initiatives.
- Prepare and analyze HR metrics.
- Research material to enhance, revise, and/or create company policy and processes.
- Support other aspects of Caframo Human Resources as assigned.
What You Bring:
- At least three (3) years experience as a human resources coordinator, administrator, or generalist.
- A Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Human Resources Management, or equivalent education and experience.
- CHRP designation or working towards obtaining your CHRP designation.
- Strong knowledge of human resources principles and best practices.
- HRIS knowledge is an asset, training will be provided – Ceridian Dayforce
- Professional knowledge of all legislation and legal requirements pertaining to HR functions (i.e. Ontario ESA, OHSA, WSIA, AODA, Human Rights Code, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, and technical writing skills with the ability to work with a variety of people in a team environment.
- Organization skills to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Learning agility with the ability to pivot and shift priorities as needed.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Professionalism, empathy, and objectivity.
- And last but not least, an energetic and positive attitude!
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to check us out at; https://www.caframo.com/or follow us on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Caframo
Caframo’s top priority is protecting our employees, our customers, and our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Safety protocols will be in place during the recruitment process. Caframo requires that new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire, subject to accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.