Sr. HR Generalist/HRBP
- Amhil North America
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Salary, profit-sharing bonus (quarterly), benefits, vacation, pension plan.
- Closing date
- Mar 5, 2023
- Manufacturing, Consumer Package Goods
- Administration, Disability / RTW / Insurance claims, Equity / Inclusion / Diversity , Generalist, Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations, Learning & Development, Organizational Effectiveness / Culture, Talent Management / Workforce Planning, Workplace / Employment Law
- Job Level
- Manager, Supervisor, Officer, Lead, Professional, Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Designations Required/Preferred
The Sr. HR Generalist/HRBP is a key role on our *new* People & Culture Team as we build the new Amhil, that provides front-line support and guidance on a wide range of HR matters across all areas in the assigned business units.
Using a consultative approach, the HR role supports the 24/7 manufacturing operations of 2 locations in all areas of employee/union relations, short/long-term attendance management, workplace investigations, performance management and disciplinary action, policy development and implementation, terminations, recruitment & selection and payroll & benefits administration.
Due to the nature of production, this is an onsite role.
Here’s a snapshot
- HR Lead for Operations support and Labour Relations (60%)
- Human Resources admin, employee relations, reporting etc. (25%)
- COVID prevention & management (5%)
- Payroll, Benefits & Pension Administration (5%)
- Recruitment & Retention (5%)
What we’re looking for
- A Great Attitude!
- Confident self-starter and able to take initiative.
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience with a minimum 3 years manufacturing experience in operational HR matters.
- Post-secondary or equivalent degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working within a customer-focussed, high-energy, continuous improvement, collaborative working environment.
- Working knowledge of HR related legislation, including but not limited to the Ontario Employment Standards Act (ESA); Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC), Ontario Labour Relations Act (OLRA) etc.
- Planning, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to work under stress and manage time and resources effectively – leading multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship management skills throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to facilitate training workshops on a variety of topics.
- Compensation, Benefits, HR reporting (metrics and analytics),Pension and Payroll administration knowledge.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, confidentially and professionally.
Also nice to have
- CHRP preferred.
- Experience with ADP payroll processing.
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package.
- Participation in our Profit Sharing Program.
- Pension Plan (DCP) after 1 Year of Service.
- Career Growth.
- Free Onsite Parking.
- Work-Life Balance.
- Conveniently location (Traders Blvd E & Kennedy Dr.) accessible by transit.
This position is open to all applicants, legally authorized to work in Canada.
Amhil provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment.
Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Amhil North America is is a privately held Thermoforming Plastics Packaging company focused on delivering Best Value to our customers and partners. We provide smart, safe and sustainable packaging solutions for the consumer, industrial and foodservice industries in North America and Europe.
Over the past twenty years, Amhil has expanded its product offering to include drinking cups, portion cups and food packaging and now includes products that are 100% recyclable, produced with recycled content and available as carbon neutral.
Amhil North America is part of the Wentworth Technologies group of companies.
400 Traders Blvd E
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert