We believe that everyone has the right to DEFINE themselves and their future.
That includes YOU.
How would you like to do it in a fun, high-performance culture that’s truly one of a kind – on a team that appreciates you for being you, helps our members retire with confidence and makes Canada better, all at the same time?
If that sounds like your thing – and you’re an exceptional Human Resources Associate – we’d like to hear from you.
We’re CAAT Pension Plan, and we’re growing. We innovate defined benefit (DB) pension plans. What are they? Unlike other pension plans, they specifically define the lifetime benefits our members will receive in retirement. This means that our members know exactly what they’re getting every month – for life! Because we provide that certainty, we help more Canadians retire with greater financial security and priceless peace of mind and take pressure off the social safety net at the very same time, which frees up those resources for other Canadians who really need them.
The Human Resources Associate is a key contributor to our People Strategy team. You are responsible for maintaining our human resources information system (HRIS) data, creating & publishing reports and inputting information into management dashboards, preparing and filing total rewards statements and related communications for employees, updating internal databases and tracking systems, and providing support for key total rewards projects. Critical in helping CAAT deliver on its strategic plan, you possess exceptional customer service skills, an ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally, and a critical eye for details.
We are looking for some with the following attributes:
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional and progressive experience with a focus on total rewards, and/or a university/college degree/post graduate certificate in HR
- Demonstrated experience with HRIS and data management (inputting, updating, and maintaining information), as well as experience with implementation of new HRIS vendors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and strong attention to details
- Strong communications skills, ability to work with all levels of the organization and manage sensitive and confidential matters with tact and professionalism
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Power BI, and SharePoint
- CEBS, CHRP/CHRL designation or working towards it, is considered an asset
Once here you will:
- Develop, update, and maintain the HRIS to ensure data integrity and integration with other systems
- Create and deliver reports based on information within the HRIS for analysis
- Administer internal databases related to leaves of absence, job evaluation, and project management
- Draft letters for employees on short term disability and other leaves of absence, outlining expectations and impacts to benefits, pension, and compensation
- Create People Strategy materials including presentations for monthly celebrations, total rewards information sessions, weekly and monthly newsletters, and intranet pages
- Assist with the creation and administration of total rewards statements and compensation statements, as well as compensation tools and systems
- Prepare and maintain human resources and total rewards focused reports
- Research total rewards trends to ensure CAAT attracts and retains the talent needed to deliver on its strategic plan
- Recommend improvements and efficiencies for existing people strategy processes
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- Our vision is to provide an environment where employees can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. That’s what drives our culture – one that’s truly one of a kind. In fact, we have been recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2019, 2020 and 2021, as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2020, 2021 and 2022, and by Canadian HR Reporter as one of the Best Places to Work for 2021 and 5-Star Rewards and Recognition Winner.
- We provide membership in CAAT’s defined benefit (DB) pension plan, a flexible and collegial work environment, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance, and an array of wellness programs
- Everyone is a leader at CAAT, so we invest in our people and enthusiastically support your career development goals, regardless of your role, with access to tuition aid and learning opportunities like our ground-breaking CAAT Academy
- We offer a flexible hybrid work environment.
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto, next to Queen Subway station, with ready access to multiple TTC routes, GO Transit, and the PATH.
- You can learn more at www.caatpension.ca
If you are interested, please apply via LinkedIn, or email your resume to email@example.com with Human Resources Associate in the subject line.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.