Human Resources Business Partner
WELLINGTON HEALTH CARE ALLIANCE
Groves Memorial Community Hospital · Louise Marshall Hospital · Palmerston & District Hospital
The Wellington Health Care Alliance (WHCA) is currently accepting applications for a full time Human Resources Business Partner to join our Human Resources team reporting to the CHRO.
The Wellington Health Care Alliance (WHCA) is comprised of two corporations with more than 1,000 staff, including physicians and volunteers, operating three vibrant acute care hospital sites: Groves Memorial Community Hospital (Fergus), and North Wellington Health Care (Louise Marshall Hospital in Mount Forest & Palmerston and District Hospital in Palmerston).
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: $32.69 - $42.92 per hour
- A supportive, team-based approach and an open mind for new ideas and methodologies as we strive to improve patient care and the quality of work life balance for all of our staff
- A small but mighty HR Team with the willingness to learn and grow with the organization and develop best practices and policies
We are seeking a bright, energetic, and knowledgeable HR professional who:
- Provides advice to hospital managers and staff regarding a variety of HR issues
- Maintains effective working relationships with management, staff and unions by providing support and guidance regarding the application and interpretation of employment and labour law, hospital policies and procedures, and collective agreements (ONA, OPSEU, and UNIFOR)
- Leads the grievance process up to and including arbitration, and working with both Managers and Union Representatives to determine resolutions
- Plays a strategic role in retention and recruitment programs
- Facilitates workplace investigation and resolution processes
- Expertly develops, administers, interprets, and continuously improves HR policies and programs
- Collaborates with Employee Health to provide guidance and support to managers and employees throughout the medical leave and return to work process
- Participates in Healthy Hospitals programs; Occupational Health & Safety Committees, Wellness Teams, Violence in the Workplace Prevention Program, Attendance Support and Awareness Program
- Is a member of the Labour/Management and Local Negotiating Committees
- Track, maintain, analyze and report on HR benchmarking statistics
- Administers salary ranges, pay scales, and the Hospitals’ Pay Equity Plans to ensure maintenance requirements are met
- Administers employee benefit plans; employee engagement activities/reports; and, supports managers in performance development plans
You would stand out if you:
- Have your CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) or CHRL (Certified Human Resources Leader)
- Have a Bachelors Degree, with a major preferred in human resources, health sciences, labour relations, business, or other related field
- Experience with Collective Agreement Interpretations and working with both Managers and Union Representatives to determine resolutions. Capable of leading the grievance process
- Have previous human resources generalist experience with experience gained in a multi-unionized health care environment, preferred
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have strong collaboration skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate conflict resolution and negotiation/mediation skills
- Computer literate and demonstrated skills using a variety of software programs including HRIS systems, MS Office, Internet etc.
- Demonstrated collaborative approach that values open and honest communication, integrity, respect, consistency and fairness
- Are a person who thrives when challenged
- Are someone with discretion, tact, diplomacy and attention to detail
- Energetic and talented with a positive attitude
Travel will be required to our sites at Groves Memorial Community Hospital, Palmerston & District Hospital and Louise Marshall Hospital, so a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required.
Submit your application via BambooHR: https://whca.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=933
The Hospital’s at the Wellington Health Care Alliance strive to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the Hospital will endeavor to remove any barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Our Hospital’s are committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy, and respectful workplace for all of our employees, free from violence and harassment.
Please check us out at: www.gmch.ca and www.nwhealthcare.ca