Human Resources Generalist
- Tomlinson Group of Companies
- Kingston, Ontario
- Based on skills and experience.
- Closing date
- Feb 22, 2023
- Construction Industries
- Job Level
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Designations Required/Preferred
R.W. Tomlinson Limited is seeking a well-rounded Human Resources professional to join our team as the Human Resources Generalist in Kingston, ON.
The incumbent applies Human Resources theories and principles to support the organization. The HR Generalist is involved with various aspects of HR including recruitment, performance management, employee and labour relations, and to assist with other areas of HR. They will contribute to the implementation of HR Programs from a generalist perspective and provide consultation and guidance to employees and management in confidential employee relations issues.
The HR Generalist makes decisions/exercises independent judgment within generally defined parameters and in alignment with business objectives. The incumbent is expected to alter their approach and/or recommend broader procedural changes to accomplish desired results, seeking consultation or guidance as needed.
The incumbent will work under general supervision and receive guidance from others when sought. The HR Generalist will work independently, and output is trusted as accurate and generally sound. Output may be reviewed for soundness and judgment, and if required, feedback is provided to support continued learning.
Location: Kingston, ON with travel to Ottawa, ON
- Roles as assigned:
- Involved in writing and placing advertising for open positions - online and print
- Source, screen and interview applicants
- Arrange for interviews and provide travel arrangements as necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain vendor partner relations
- Roles as assigned:
- Creating/updating job descriptions for employees
- Creating employment contracts for all employees
- Manage the employee orientation program and ensure accurate and up to date information is provided
- Conduct employee orientation on a bi-weekly basis
- Conduct exit interviews as assigned, summarize findings and present results.
- Attend employee and labour relations meetings, keep record of any issues and their resolutions
- Provide employee advice on benefits: health, dental, Life and RRSP/DPSP
- Basic administrative tasks such as filing, letter writing etc. on an ad hoc as needed basis.
- Office environment, long periods of sitting may be required
- Visiting employee work sites on occasion
- Travel to Ottawa required once per week
- Regular exposure to emotional employees and emotional issues
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Human Resources diploma or equivalent additional 4 years of experience
- Working towards or completion of CHRP designation preferred
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience
- Competitive wages
- Bonus programs
- Employer paid health and dental benefits
- Extensive training programs and tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits program
- Family-oriented team environment
- Employee discounts and other rewards programs
The Tomlinson Group of Companies encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please contact Human Resources if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert